Tabletop Warhammer?

I have been very tempted to order the white scars limited edition codex... funny how its the only one still available lol, Id have preferred the successor chapters one personally

Just need one more CSM squad and I have a valid 1k army.

Currently I have:
1 x Chaos Lord (DV model)
1 x Hellbrute
10 x Chaos Space Marines
3 x Chaos Bikers
5 x raptors
5 x Havocs

ryoXdz4l.jpg

At some point I will get another box of Bikers so I can swap around and also look at converting a chaos lord on bike.

But for now, I really need to get painting :P

Almost finished the new Librarian model last night. Girlfriend is not a fan of the cherub on it but I think it looks pretty good.

Also came to the conclusion that I might aswell go all the way with the sternguard and get the forgeworld shoulder pads for them aswell. Because ya know they arent quite over the top enough yet. Will also get some terminator ones and maybe some brass etch to add something to my vehicles.

IIRC power weapons with x2 strength hit with twice the strength of the user when attacking certain things (IE hitting a tank with one on a character with str4 would be a str8 hit).

I'm probably completely wrong as I've only played a few games since the new edition, and none with an x2 weapon.

x2 strength is exactly that, in close combat your strength is x2 whatever it usually is. Please note if you have something that adds to your strength as well then you do that last

So a marine with a power fist and furious charge is Strength nine on the charge (4x2)+1 not strength ten.

Mould lines I scrape a hobby knife (x-acto for me) over it with the blade facing away from whichever direction im scraping

Just been painting my first set of SM in a looong time. I've been following a guide on youtube for Ultramarines here. I've applied a base coat of Vallejo surface primer grey, then a coat of macragge blue and a wash coat of drakenhof nightshade. But the miniatures look a bit rubbish, any idea how I could tidy them up a bit? might just bin them :(

Last edited:
Are you thinning your paints at all? It seems in some areas to be a little heavy, but in others it looks like you can see some of the primer showing through. Other than that, I wouldn't say there's too much to worry about. It's important not to judge a miniature so early on in the process, as they don't often look good until you've got more of the stages done.

I think I've narrowed it down to Novamarines, Sons of Orar, Mentors or Ultramarines (which would mean I could tie in my Captain and Tyrannic War Veterans). Not gonna rush a decision though as I've still got a pile of half-built Guardians in front of me. :p

Back
Top Bottom