Tabletop Warhammer?

Caporegime
What army are you playing with Werewolf? Take some pics or something :)

Spent last night working on my Marine and the White Scar while it dried, starting to come together nicely. Might post a WIP of the White Scar at some point.

**** white though, this is why I started with it to get it out of the way :D

Associate
20130927_211729.jpg

Really suprised how big the centurions are.

EDIT: Centurion is half glued half blu tac till hes painted. So thats why bits arent quite right...and the shoulder pads arent on

Last edited:
Associate
Ill get some closer up shots of things taken today. Ive got a lot of stuff to work on today so ill get a few shots of various models uploaded later on. Just painting up my first of 3 drop pods then its onto sternguard for most of the day.

However I will make it clear im not a particularly good painter. As a whole force I think my stuff looks alright but up close its not exactly outstanding.

Last edited:
Commissario
My desk last night before I finished packing away the models for the weekend.

They're not finished, but done enough that gluing them together fully isn't going to make it impossible to finish them :)
The suits* are my second/third batch (sat after they were sprayed Shadow Grey for about 3 years), and the FW's are my third team, also sat pretty much untouched for about 3 years before I needed them for the weekend :) (I bought loads of tau, but lost all interest in painting them when their codex was so out of date).
partpaintedtau2013.jpg

they all need highlighting and most of the details done, but I ran out of time/energy.

*I was counting the other day and I think I have something like 14 normal suits, a commander suit, shadowsun, farsight, a new and old broadside, and a FW one.

Caporegime
Yep, rules:

Tactical or Assault marine (or equivalent for Wolves) only.
No Sternguard/Vanguard/Forge World/special characters etc
No large bases, must be on supplied base but base can be decorated
Figure can be converted but don't go overboard.
Paint scheme must be original (no using current ones), come up with a name and little fluff piece to go with it.

Three awards available, will be based on:

1. Painting (Painting ability)
2. Modelling (conversion, pose, base etc)
3. Scheme (Paint scheme ignoring ability, fluff)

Awards are:

Njal Stormcaller (old version, white metal, OOP, unpainted) donated by myself
Black Library books tbc donated by Aceytrixx
Dreadnaught tbc (new in box) donated by Spuj

Also should add, it should be something new that you've painted since the competition started. I can't check this so just be honest. Closing date : 31st October

Associate
So went on a trip to WHW this weekend for some big games and little games. One of the group highlighted that it was WD launch weekend so the Army of the Month comp was running. Decided to have a bash with 5 mins before the deadline.

Seems to have done OK.

If only I had actually fully 100% completed some of the Crisis Suits too!

For first time ever apparently it was split winner. The Nids to the right also won as we tied on public votes and then also on the staff votes to try and break it. They have been left at WHW for the next month or so and currently live in one of their display cabinets next to the shop.

Soldato
Well played sir, well played. I love that colour scheme. It gives it a nice clean, crisp look to them. How did you do the snowy bases for the pathfinders (is that what they are?).

After visiting the wargaming show at Donnington on Saturday I ended up buying another box of ork boyz (£8 for 16 models) and the flames of war starter pack :o

has anyone here played flames of war before?

Associate
The snow is Army Painter snow effect with my sons Tesco Kids PVA glue. Models are matt coated including the snow and then I apply lots of gloss to the snow parts and lenses on top.

They have been on the backburner for ages but Saturday's win has given me a lot of inspiration to paint the rest. I have 9 hammerhead tanks/skyrays in the queue along with masses of infantry and suits to finish.

Back
Top Bottom