Tabletop Warhammer?

Caporegime
Has anyone read the rules for the new Riptide variant? Sounds OP as ****, also it's a Heavy Support Choice so you can have 6 Riptides (7 if you ally with Farsight Enclave) in a list...

This is why Forgeworld is banned from most tournaments, they all seem to be brain dead.

It can hit a Monstrous Creature with TWELVE Strength 8 AP3 Large Blast hits in one turn...

Associate
Has anyone read the rules for the new Riptide variant? Sounds OP as ****, also it's a Heavy Support Choice so you can have 6 Riptides (7 if you ally with Farsight Enclave) in a list...

This is why Forgeworld is banned from most tournaments, they all seem to be brain dead.

It can hit a Monstrous Creature with TWELVE Strength 8 AP3 Large Blast hits in one turn...

Had a quick read and yeah its crazy OP. Id already feel dirty playing Tau but pretty sure id never feel clean again if I ran one of them...

Commissario
The trick is to buy it whilst at warhammer world, then tell your gf/wife that you've ordered a tricked out rig with quad titan graphics cards.

That would explain the multiple big boxes, and you wouldn't be lying completely if you did order 4 reaver titans...

Caporegime
The trick is to buy it whilst at warhammer world, then tell your gf/wife that you've ordered a tricked out rig with quad titan graphics cards.

That would explain the multiple big boxes, and you wouldn't be lying completely if you did order 4 reaver titans...

Travel up to Nottingham would limit my savings on shipping quite considerably :p

Associate
those HH books look great, its bad enough shelling out so much cash for little bits of plastic (but they are awesome), but £70 (even one as awesome as the HH books) for a book is going to require some serious dutch courage or mexican stupidity.

Caporegime
Yeah they are expensive, but they are very nice books. A similar comparison might be the Absolute Sandman I have (link) and those are jaw dropping. Would be nice if they offered a cheaper version, like codex quality. It is GW though...

Last edited:
Associate
It would be nice if FW went digital although in saying that as much as im happy to pay £40 for a codex on itunes (well happy is maybe an overstatement..accepting is more accurate) I cant see myself paying £70. Just be nice to have all in the place.

Ordered some of these for when im rolling my Sergeants http://www.thediceshoponline.com/dice/6106/Chessex-Metal-Plated-Gold-Dice-x2 Along with 3 d12's for Victory Points and to mark the turn although they are not gold plated ones.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom