Tabletop Warhammer?

Associate
That is ace.... big holy smokes thats a large picture lol....

Was actually thinking today that this thread has a distinct lack of pictures in it.

For some reason the picture is really small on my computer but on my phone its huge!!! :D.

Really enjoying painting it tbh hopefully will have some more of the larger nids in this ice theme done soon so will post them up as and when.

Soldato
Don't know whether to post this in the board game thread or this one...

VNEspJ8.jpg

Played some more X-Wing tonight. Still enjoying it after 20 or so games. Movement is a bit fiddly but I love the aesthetics.

Soldato
dFP0gve.jpg

Think the 0.45mm pen I got is a bit too thick for the scrolls etc :( think I'm going to order a smaller one and repaint the books/scrolls.

Also in sure whether I should leave the two side Terminators as they are, or do te white armour highlighting like I have on the middle one, opinions?

Associate
Just got the Space Marine Altar of War books for the iPad. Some pretty fun missions so far my favorite is Here I Die. There is an objective in the middle of the table which the space marine player deploys in a 12" bubble around that and the enemy has everything else for his deployment zone. The objective is worth 5VP and then its 1 VP per unit destroyed with First Blood and Slay the Warlord. Marines within 6" of the objective also have the Zealot rule (Fearless and Hatred)

Soldato
Anyone have an idea where to sell old Fantasy High Elves and Orc bits?

I've found a forum, but naturally they want you to be part of the community and not just signing up to sell.

Got a box with random High Elve units, a really old Troll, an Orc unit with command group and Orc archer unit. Also some scenery a padded case and a few other types of Empire and other bits. All of this is from the early 1990s.

Worth putting up here as a job lot?

Soldato
Balls. Gamesworkshop didn't have any Landspeeder Storms available so can't pick mine up from THW till next week and I wanted to get some paints for my Competition entry and project :(

Soldato
those look pretty cool, but near impossible to do without an airbrush :( will have to stick to my block colour schemes :(

Last night, myself, shami and pudney plus two of my friends finished our first Dark Heresy mission, below are some highlights.
The Acolytes.

Dorn – Silent, shotgun loving arbitrator.
Jericus (Shami) – The assassin with heart.
Magnus (Pudney) – Cold blooded guardsman.
Tybalt – Psychotic, drunken fenrisian guardsman.

During a fight with some gangers, some epic WS failures occur, resulting in Jericus almost being decapitated by Dorn, and then Jericus almost hitting Dorn in the next round of combat. After defeating the gangers, the acolytes have one almost dead man on the floor, his leg a bloody mess. Magnus attempts to interrogate the man, but first decides to punch him in the face, Magnus misses spectacularly, breaking his hand on the solid floor.

After receiving a mission from the chief enforcer of Olranken, the group need to get into the city. They are led to a hole in the city wall, where they devise a plan to get inside. Tybalt is sent forth as a distraction, he walks away with two guards following leaving one guard by himself. Dorn, Jericus and Magnus all sneak up and Jericus successfully slits the guards throat. Jericus searches the guard stealing his micro-bead and Dorn steals his uniform and puts it on.

After entering the city, the group find an area of interest to their investigation and follow some foot prints into another district of the city where Dorn notices a shadowy figure dashing into a building. The group decide to enter so stack up on the door and proceed to enter, they find some creatures in the corner feasting and begin to sneak up on them. On becoming alert Dorn, Jericus and Magnus open fire killing them. After hearing the gunshots two men come out of an office in the building and are confronted by the group. After some talks the group end up killing one of the men and interrogating the other getting useful information for the mission. While this is happening Tyblat is in the corner silently decapitating the xenos creatures in the corner and taking trophies to show the chief enforcer.

The group force the surviving man to show them (what would turn out to be) their end objective, the knock him out and enter the windmill like structure. On the top floor they are encountered by an alien and 4 of the creatures they had slain earlier and Tybalt had decapitated. A good grenade from Magnus see’s the smaller creatures explode in a mist of red, leaving only the larger xenos who charges at the group but is cut down by fire before he manages to reach them. Tybalt then proceeds to decapitate the creature.

I prefer to think of Magnus as being no-nonsense rather than bloodthirsty :p

Back
Top Bottom