Tabletop Warhammer?

Soldato
I heard if you want you can pretty much throw force org charts out of the window.... Seems a tad broken in some circumstances but what can you do.

You have two army lists, Bound and Unbound.

Bound follows the traditional force org from 6th and gives you bonuses

Unbound is very much like Apoc in as long as you have one HQ you can take what you want.

For instance I fielded last night 3 flying hive tyrants with t/link devourers, 2 barbed heirdules, 3 warriors and that was about 1850 points, a pain in the ass of a list to against but was a bit of fun.

If you check this link out there is a PDF reference guide to 7th, it is what I have been using mostly, so will give you an idea of how 7th plays now.

http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/597998.page

Kimbie

Soldato
Thinking of getting back into 40K now that 7th edition is out.

Sold my large 'nid army earlier this year but still have my Imperial Guard or should I say Astra Milatarum army :p

34D5AED9-8072-4F90-AE1B-AFE2128028C7.jpg

Associate
Looks like you've got some serious painting to do mate. Not that I can talk. I stopped playing 40k many many years ago and I've probably still got everything I bought buried in the loft somewhere. I should really dig it out and do something with it, sell it, paint it, play with it...

Soldato
Looks like you've got some serious painting to do mate. Not that I can talk. I stopped playing 40k many many years ago and I've probably still got everything I bought buried in the loft somewhere. I should really dig it out and do something with it, sell it, paint it, play with it...

Aha yeah man. Majority is done for smaller games for sure, I hate playing with half painted models.

Nice sized army there :D Just about to start on a green tide. I think im gonna need more paint...

Think it was around 4500pts back in 5th edition. Picked up the new Astra militarum codex yesterday (£30!) and borrowing my firends rule book for a few days to get to grips with the new rules and then hopefully to go to nottingham and play some games there!

Soldato
So after no painting for a while I bought the £105 nids set and have started work, going for a full scheme like this

http://postimg.org/image/fx26snu45/

Fairly happy with it considering how many I have to paint. Obviously still needs basing etc but what you guys think?

Looks good, but you don't want to be taking more than about 5 mins to paint a gaunt as you will die of bordem I should know I have about 200 that need to be painted :(

Kimbie

Soldato
Looks good, but you don't want to be taking more than about 5 mins to paint a gaunt as you will die of bordem I should know I have about 200 that need to be painted :(

Kimbie

Yeah I had around that many in my old 'nid army and I got them to under 2 mins each. They die so easy its not worth putting too much detail on them IMO.

But I paint to gaming standard rather than display standard :p

Caporegime
I just hope they do a new Ragnar model. Logan's model was already pretty cool but Ragnar looks flipping terrible now!

It appears to be a jet powered chariot....pulled by wolves.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom