Tabletop Warhammer?

Associate
built a new objective marker today, just need to finish painting it

WP_20140808_14_52_54_Pro_zps7b48061a.jpg

Associate
yup, a 40k tardis. Will be part of a diorama I'm doing for a competition at work.

Have finished my first unit of grey hunters for my new space wolves army tonight too.

WP_20140808_23_00_46_Pro_zps9e017ac7.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
Wolves are looking good, think there will be a few more converts, the codex does seem pretty good. apart from ruining logan grimnar by putting him in a chariot...

Not seen the latest WD but isn't their a normal standing Logan too?

I am currently looking for a model I can use for chaos lord w jump pack I am not a fan of the GW model so looking around for an alternative, I like this model from scibor
http://sciborminiatures.com/en_,shop.php?art=1308&currency=EUR

and replacing the pistol with a standard bolt Chaos style bolt pistol/plasma pistol

and then maybe using one of these swords to replace the axe

http://puppetswar.eu/product.php?id_product=138

add a few chaos bits and maybe some greenstuff for nurgle rot.

Do people have an experience with scibor miniatures and puppetswar? are their stuff any good/decent quality molds.

Or does anyone know of any alternative models for a Chaos Lord with jump pack.

Associate
Yeah there is a normal standing Logan it's an old model. The chariot is an optional upgrade.

Had a look through the codex as I've always had an idea for a fun wolves army with arjac and lukas for some Thor/Loki style fun. Turns out mounting them all in the new flyers ends up being over 1600pts the way I thought would be fun and would still lose against everything haha

Might try a non mounted list instead and see what I can do there.

Last edited:
Associate
I played a game against a wolf list on Wednesday, 3 wolf riders with shields came in at something crazy like 350pts (750pt game) and all for a inv 3+ save which didn't really help him :p

The wolves have a unit which is a bit horrid with the current combat system, must charge if within 12inches of a unit, when facing some space marines (the 3rd player in the game) it put some dents in the wolves.

Last edited:
Associate
blood claws don't have to charge a unit now. Thunderwolves got a few more weapon options available to them now. Still an expensive unit, but horrid when they get into combat

Associate
What loadout? I'd be tempted to scratch build one, Possessed winged backpacks are always useful.

Want to give them a power sword/axe but of suitable bad assery size, as this may also be used as a daemon weapon, then with a bolt pistol, so nothing special loud outs wise but just want a nicer model.

Scratch building one is a nice idea, and considering the amount the single model will probably cost me, plus the extras I could probably get a few more models and only spend a little more, but obviously get more for my money.

If I pick up another box of raptors then I may sacrifice one of them to use as a chaos lord conversion, as some of the poses are pretty cool would just need to find a suitably daemonic weapon for him to use.

I like the idea of using the possessed winged backpack, may have to have a poke around ebay or see if I can pick something similar up from somewhere.

Associate
I wanted two units one led by a wolf lord and one by Lucas with a unit of wolf guard terminators led by arjac all mounted in their own storm wolf. Just ends up being too many points for something that won't be that good in reality.

Yeah breaking up my unit of blood claws into 2 smaller units, played a game today & it was complete over kill on the first charge & then too unweidy to get into cover & stop them getting shot to bits as they made their way to the next combat. Could have used more units for capturing objectives too tbh

Back
Top Bottom