Tabletop Warhammer?

Associate
Also note that in the 2 pics the riptide has a different gun on top so looks like a couple of options at least...

2 of them will take me up to 7 Riptide suit sized units. Will probably add in a Forgeworld KX-139 for big games and then call it even.

Glad I didn't sell my Tau now!

Commissario
Aye it looks like it's got some new options, I'm in two minds about the crisis suits, I like new designs (the old ones were very boxy), but I've already got about 15-20 crisis suits (two tau battle forces, the rapid assault set and a couple of command suits).

I'm starting to get the urge to get back to doing some painting again, but at the moment the garage is completely unusable as I'm in the middle of taking down the old insulation and spraying an anti condensation treatment onto the underside of the roof (it's taken about 4-6 weeks to get to the point where I can hopefully start the spraying on Friday or Saturday).

Associate
I dont think that one is a replacement for the normal crisis suit as there more in the background that look smaller and a better replacement. I think the stealth one is a HQ type or new commander/options setup for commander suit which replaces the finecast one.

Commissario
Aye I know what you mean about failcast.

My younger brother bought a Dwarf cannon or something that came in failcast, he ended up taking it back to the store because in places the cast was so thin you could see light through it, and in others it had parts of the sprue going through the heads/bodies of crew and huge airbubbles.
From what I remember the member of staff in store had to open a further two sets to find one that was reasonable.

I think when my brother wanted another one he spent ages looking and waiting on ebay to get a metal one.

The model looks stunning, and the base sets it off really well :)

Associate
I'll try and get some more shots of the Crimson Hunter later, Not done loads since tbh, mostly working on my grey knights now.

Finished off the last of the bone sections, varnishes and started oil/pin washing the grooves around the wings. Waiting on some tamiya clear to get the canopy done. Then its time to try and work out a base for it!

Associate
Finished up another commission paint for one of the guys on here. This was a recovered model from Ebay. Stripped, cleaned and repainted over the weekend.

Didn't take any photos after the matte coat so it still looks shiny in pics but real model is flat.

Soldato
So is anyone else getting Betrayal at Calth?

I pre-ordered from Element Games rather than GW, I have to say I am really excited for it. The models look absolutely fantastic, I've wanted to get some 30k minis for a little while but the FW price tag has put me off a little, however the sculpts for this set are very good indeed.

Games Workshop have done a really good job with this IMO, I would go as far to say that this is probably the best thing they have released in the past few years and from a business sense it is quite a smart decision too.

Soldato
So is anyone else getting Betrayal at Calth?

I pre-ordered from Element Games rather than GW, I have to say I am really excited for it. The models look absolutely fantastic, I've wanted to get some 30k minis for a little while but the FW price tag has put me off a little, however the sculpts for this set are very good indeed.

Yeah, ordered it from Element Games too. Not the cheapest but I'm always impressed by their service.

I've already got a Salamanders 30K army so I'm going to use this to boost the troop numbers. Thankfully, all of my current marines are in MkII and MkIII armour so I'll have a nice mix.

Kind of weird how the 'tactical' squads seem to have special and heavy weapons though. That's not a legal option in the current Forgeworld red books!

Soldato
Yeah, ordered it from Element Games too. Not the cheapest but I'm always impressed by their service.

I've already got a Salamanders 30K army so I'm going to use this to boost the troop numbers. Thankfully, all of my current marines are in MkII and MkIII armour so I'll have a nice mix.

Kind of weird how the 'tactical' squads seem to have special and heavy weapons though. That's not a legal option in the current Forgeworld red books!

My experience with them is the same, their delivery on other orders has always been very quick and well packaged, plus i'm up to around £5 on the 'Element Crystals' which is nice.

I'm currently painting 40k Salamanders (got all sorts) so will be doing these as Salamanders as well :) would be great to see some pictures of yours if you have any?

I haven't actually played any 30k so don't really know the rules, only contact with FW really is youtube batreps. I'm guessing the heavy weapons are for if you want to use them in 40k battles or something?

It's not really okay to mention selling stuff so please edit your post. Thanks :)

Sorry about that, I didn't think I would have been allowed to advertise them in the MM as they don't fit a category and wasn't sure on the rules for posting elsewhere. Seems like Maccy has dealt with my post for me, consider my wrist slapped :p

Soldato
I'm currently painting 40k Salamanders (got all sorts) so will be doing these as Salamanders as well :) would be great to see some pictures of yours if you have any?

I'm not a great painter but I'll throw some up when I get the chance.

I haven't actually played any 30k so don't really know the rules, only contact with FW really is youtube batreps. I'm guessing the heavy weapons are for if you want to use them in 40k battles or something?

Yeah, I guess they're designed to be used in 40K too. In Horus Heresy, tactical squads are just bolted guys (10-20 models!). Tactical support squads are smaller squads where all models must take the same special weapon. Having ten meltagun marines riding around in a Rhino is deadly. :)

Commissario
Element are usually pretty good.

I'm sorely tempted by the new set but can't justify it at the moment (I've overspent in the last month due to my motherboard dying, then an external drive failing about 2 weeks later).

Back
Top Bottom