Tabletop Warhammer?

Yup, all three are "battle brothers". Dark Eldar and Eldar hate each other, but not like how Chaos Marines and Space Marines hate each other. If there is another foe around the eldar have been known to team up. There still kin remember, albeit very different kin.

Anyone here have any experience with the Scale 75 stuff? Been looking at some of their sets, particularly the metallics, and wondered if anyone has anything good/bad to say about them before I get hold of any.

In other news, I notice that both GW and FW have released airbrush paints! The Forgeworld ones do look kinda cool, with some of the clear ones seeming interesting, and Thrallax Gold looks pretty nice, too. The GW ones are just a selection of their existing range (plus Relictor Gold which I can't seem to find in their non-airbrush range), at the same price, in the same little pots. How long before we see their own overpriced airbrush? ;)

The lack of dropper bottles is a pain from my point of view. Seem some reviews of the GW air and not got great reviews, the FW ones not really looked at.

However I use Vallejo air paints for my armies, you can find colour conversion charts fro the most popular ranges out there.

GW use to do an airbrush, ran off cans of air which they also sold

Kimbie

Anyone here have any experience with the Scale 75 stuff? Been looking at some of their sets, particularly the metallics, and wondered if anyone has anything good/bad to say about them before I get hold of any.

Incredible. I have the NMM and TMM Gold and Silver sets as well as the Inktensity inks. The metallics are the best I've ever used and I use them on everything now.

The lack of dropper bottles is a pain from my point of view. Seem some reviews of the GW air and not got great reviews, the FW ones not really looked at.

However I use Vallejo air paints for my armies, you can find colour conversion charts fro the most popular ranges out there.

GW use to do an airbrush, ran off cans of air which they also sold

Kimbie

Thing is, these things are, according to GW themselves, unsuitable for use with their spray gun.

Incredible. I have the NMM and TMM Gold and Silver sets as well as the Inktensity inks. The metallics are the best I've ever used and I use them on everything now.

Interesting. Guess I'll be trying some out. Thanks. :)

Yup, all three are "battle brothers". Dark Eldar and Eldar hate each other, but not like how Chaos Marines and Space Marines hate each other. If there is another foe around the eldar have been known to team up. There still kin remember, albeit very different kin.

Very interesting! Are there any other notable alliances I should be aware of? Didn't know I could use multiple armies together :eek:

Very interesting! Are there any other notable alliances I should be aware of? Didn't know I could use multiple armies together :eek:

Now days there is nothing stopping you having any army with another and throwing it down on the table. Won't work very well... but you can do it. There are a few different "levels" of friendship between the factions:

• Battle Brothers
  • Allies of Convenience
  • Desperate Allies
  • Come the Apocalypse

Battle Brothers - benefit from warlord trait; ICs can join; "friendly units" for psy powers, abilities, etc.; can use special abilities to repair vehicles; can use modifiers and re-rolls on reserve rolls; can embark on each other's transports

Allies of Convenience - treated as enemy units that cannot be charged, shot, attacked or targeted; cannot move within 1" of each other; no warlord, no IC joining, and basically none of the above stuff but are impacted by that effect enemy models.

Desperate Allies - same as AOC plus if within 6" roll a D6, on a 1 they do nothing

Come the Apocalypse - same as Desperate but cannot deploy within 12" of each other.
- Taken from some webpage

9fa88df516fe4712e496ddb44cfa2b90.jpeg

This is whats in the book as the allies matrix.

Yeah I'd recommend sticking with battle brother stuff. Generally speaking it's the Imperium with space marines, I, and the 3 different Ordoes (and the assasins). Elder as elder, dark and harli's. Chaos demons and Chaos SpacE marines. Tau. Orks. Tyranids. Necrons.

Go elder for sure they are the most powerful army currently, loads of different models and dark elder/harli allies give you plenty of options.

This is a long-shot but does any know anywhere in central London that sells Vallejo's Game Air range? Ideally closer to the centre than Darksphere.

I had a little accident last night. Some paint dried around the nozzle of the dropper bottle and, when I squeezed, the paint exploded everywhere. :o

This is a long-shot but does any know anywhere in central London that sells Vallejo's Game Air range? Ideally closer to the centre than Darksphere.

I had a little accident last night. Some paint dried around the nozzle of the dropper bottle and, when I squeezed, the paint exploded everywhere. :o

'It was the ectoplasm' :D.

First pics of new Tau have been leaked...

My wallet is going to hurt. Anyone need anything painting so I can afford to buy them? lol

Back
Top Bottom