Tabletop Warhammer?

Soldato
Anyone else got a game mat?

I'm thinking about getting one, seen some on gamemat.eu, but I also seen this one: https://www.pworkwargames.com/en/ga...material-neoprene_rubber/4-size-4x6_122x183cm

I've heard pwork mentioned on a few battle reports,and I love the look of that one.

I'm thinking of getting one, then getting 3 bits of plywood or chipboard or similar, 4 by 2, and gaffer tape hinge them, to create a surface to put the mat on, then pop that on to the dining room table. I can then fold it all up and store it, behind a sofa etc.

Associate
OK so I'm back to 40k after a good 7-8 year break, and it feels good!

I'm playing my default army, Orks.

Currently got a deff dread, 3 killa kans, codex, plastic glue/snips on order. Any advice on what to next purchase? I'm keen to get my painting skills honed this time before I buy swarms of Ork boyz and overwhelm myself.

Look forward to joining in the Waaaaaaghhh, ya gitz.

Associate
Apparently with Orks, just having tons of Boyz is good.

Tbh though, unless your very competitive just get what you like the look of.

Yeah I'll be casually gaming with my brother but really looking forward to the assembly / painting this time around.

I've pulled the trigger on the getting started pack in addition to what i've got in the mail. Starter pack includes 10x boyz, 5x nobz, 1x painboy and a deff dread. Not bad for £41 delivered.

Associate
starter packs are great value for building/bulking out an army:)

I had promised myself no models for a few months, a promise that lasted about 4 days as I've just arranged to pick some up cheap :/

Oh for sure! It makes sense to go for a starter pack as you save so much cash.

Now to play Dawn of War II to settle my excitement until they arrive :D

Associate
I had promised myself no models for a few months, a promise that lasted about 4 days as I've just arranged to pick some up cheap :/

I made myself a pledge not to start any new armies this year. Then started looking at the gorgeous Sylvvaneth models...then a fellow gamer announced he was selling of his entire army at 60% RRP.

Very tempted but the fact that they will just go into the stack of shame has thankfully strayed my hand so far.

Soldato
I got 4 Tyranids left to paint then I'm gonna start a chaos space marine/choas deamon army, probably about 70% csm/30% deamons.

I live the soal grinder model, bloodletters, deamon princes and the heralds.

I'll then try and paint them all similar colours, so although two separate detachments, visual I will try and blend them so it looks like one army.

Soldato
Our local gaming club uses deep cut i think, which are good:)

Also rather than gaffer tape look at proper hinges ;)

Yeah I have heard deep cut studios being mentioned in game reports also (I watch a lot of batle reports haha!) - I actually quite like their urban wasteland mat : https://www.deepcutstudio.com/product/wargames-terrain-mat-urban-wasteland/

Need to keep them generic as possible imo, so you can do more with them, I know you get ones with paths/roads etc but means you gotta place your scenery accordingly.

Hopefully my brother will be able to nab about £200 worth of GW pre-made scenery from work (dont ask) and will get a mat soon.

Also gafer tape hinges are the win!

EDIT: In fact just went ahead and ordered that mat and carry case thing.

Last edited:
Soldato
Started painting my first model for new Deathguard army yesterday, really looking forward to painting something a bit more dirty and grimy as I've basically only ever painted Space Marines.

Did you guys see that prices for paints and start collecting sets are going up from the 4th Feb.

Soldato
I remember replying to a question about where to buy stuff. I mentioned that Magic Madhouse is where I buy my stuff because their shipping is free for over £20, which is great since you KNOW you'll be spending at least that. I just found that Wayland Games also do free shipping for over £20. I didnt know this, their site does not really show it well. Their prices are also better than Magic Madhouse (by pennies, but it all helps!). Just ordered some Stealth suits and Pathfinders for my next Kill Team!

Did you guys see that prices for paints and start collecting sets are going up from the 4th Feb.

No, where did you see it? Rarely buy anything direct from GW. I'm hoping for a new 40k started set, the Death Guard is a bit out of date with the Conquest mag n' all.

Last edited:
Soldato
No, where did you see it? Rarely buy anything direct from GW. I'm hoping for a new 40k started set, the Death Guard is a bit out of date with the Conquest mag n' all.

It was on the Warhammer community site the other day and as Dis has said on Dakka Dakka as well, paints are going up by 20p each and Start Collecting boxes by either £5 or £10 depending on the box.

Edit - Found it https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/01/04/a-quick-heads-up/

Doesn't mention the Start Collecting prices, I saw those on a picture that was doing the rounds on Instagram today.

Caporegime
Also anyone else finding some minis just aren't available anywhere other than through gw? In this case I'm talking about things that are fairly common - hellhounds and basilisks! Seem to be gw online only for some reason yet they're kinda mainstays of guard armies.

Back
Top Bottom