Tabletop Warhammer?

Soldato
Finished those 3 metal Kasarkin, I must say, the models being 20 years old they were much better than those plastic ones I have of the same age.

I know the modern plastic ones are better now.

They came out alright, I don't really paint display quality I go for what I consider a good tabletop standard.

IMG-20230815-095422.jpg

Soldato
Productive evening. For absolutely no technical reason whatsoever, I decided to prime my marines white.

All that remains now is to try every single green I've got, strip them all and then start again.

Reactions: Raz
Sgarrista
Commissario
I am at a really nice place with my cryptek right now, just the tesseract glow to add in, wheres the save button so I can roll it back if I mess this bit up :D

Associate
I miss the simplicity, and dare I say, cuteness, of space marines from the early 90s...
I miss some of the old poses, the old attack bikes had guys holding special weapons in one arm off the hip that was cool. I converting them so they were walking around. New models have fallen into the 3d designed problem of filling every open space on the models with details. Which is a real mixed blessing I feel.

They also have a very bad tendency to put swords in between marines legs as well which I simply don't understand.

Reactions: Raz
Caporegime
2k point game tonight. My marines (played as deathwatch) vs tau. Started with my terminators in deep strike and a unit of eradicators in reserve. Tau player deployed their entire force with battlesuits and hammerhead on the flanks. Stealthsuits infiltrating supported by pirhanas and some weird little forgeworld things. Infantry going up the middle.

I rolled first turn and began by pushing forward to a large LoS blocking building in the middle with my hellblaster-librarian blob, dread in support. Nibbled away at a stealthsuit team and dropped a pirhana, desolation squad then opened up on some broadsides popping one and badly wounding another. A couple of wounds on those weird forgeworld things (more on that and the piranhas later). That was pretty much it!
Tau turn one involved a big push forward from all of the infantry and light fliers. All heavy weaponry that could fire went in to my dread aaaaand...not a single wound thanks to armour of contempt! Lost one hellblaster to random fire and that was it. To say he was upset is an understatement, he got rather huffy! I pointed out at this point he hadnt made any battleshock tests and used his units as if they were at full strength...Turn 2 and I moved an executioner and my desolators forward slightly to open up some lines of sight. Teleported 2 squads of terminators (plus captain) in to the back of his lines and put the Willie's up him as a result.

Desolation squad was brilliant, deleted the lone broadside and a squad of pathfinders+warlord. Vindicare then rolled max and took out another wounded broadside. Executioner managed to get a good hit on his hammerhead but couldnt kill it. Put a heck of a lot of fire in to his remaining pirhanas and forgeworld thingies only just killing them.
It was at this point with him bragging how cheap they were I took a look at the datasheets. Oh they're good but they don't have stealth and he'd been playing them all game with it!
Decided to run his full list through the 40k app only to find he was 200pts over! I don't think it was intentional as he'd used battlescribe and it appeared to have a bug where it wasn't increasing the points cost for unit sizes (I had this same issue previously but caught it). I gave him the option of removing 200pts of units of his choice and he refused. Gave him the option of when I hit 200pts of losses I'd restore them. He refused. Not best impressed I finished off my combat phase by killing a couple of units of stealthsuits and a pair of crisis suits. Told him to finish his second turn and then that was it.

He had little left in a position to trouble me due to me carefully positioning my units but left the executioner on just 2 wounds and popped a few wounds on each terminator squad and the hellblasters plus librarian.

Could have been a fun game but the rules thing and them being, in my opinion, an arse over the points soured it a bit. Am I being harsh over that?

Last edited:
Soldato
2k point game tonight. My marines (played as deathwatch) vs tau. Started with my terminators in deep strike and a unit of eradicators in reserve. Tau player deployed their entire force with battlesuits and hammerhead on the flanks. Stealthsuits infiltrating supported by pirhanas and some weird little forgeworld things. Infantry going up the middle.

I rolled first turn and began by pushing forward to a large LoS blocking building in the middle with my hellblaster-librarian blob, dread in support. Nibbled away at a stealthsuit team and dropped a pirhana, desolation squad then opened up on some broadsides popping one and badly wounding another. A couple of wounds on those weird forgeworld things (more on that and the piranhas later). That was pretty much it!
Tau turn one involved a big push forward from all of the infantry and light fliers. All heavy weaponry that could fire went in to my dread aaaaand...not a single wound thanks to armour of contempt! Lost one hellblaster to random fire and that was it. To say he was upset is an understatement, he got rather huffy! I pointed out at this point he hadnt made any battleshock tests and used his units as if they were at full strength...Turn 2 and I moved an executioner and my desolators forward slightly to open up some lines of sight. Teleported 2 squads of terminators (plus captain) in to the back of his lines and put the Willie's up him as a result.

Desolation squad was brilliant, deleted the lone broadside and a squad of pathfinders+warlord. Vindicare then rolled max and took out another wounded broadside. Executioner managed to get a good hit on his hammerhead but couldnt kill it. Put a heck of a lot of fire in to his remaining pirhanas and forgeworld thingies only just killing them.
It was at this point with him bragging how cheap they were I took a look at the datasheets. Oh they're good but they don't have stealth and he'd been playing them all game with it!
Decided to run his full list through the 40k app only to find he was 200pts over! I don't think it was intentional as he'd used battlescribe and it appeared to have a bug where it wasn't increasing the points cost for unit sizes (I had this same issue previously but caught it). I gave him the option of removing 200pts of units of his choice and he refused. Gave him the option of when I hit 200pts of losses I'd restore them. He refused. Not best impressed I finished off my combat phase by killing a couple of units of stealthsuits and a pair of crisis suits. Told him to finish his second turn and then that was it.

He had little left in a position to trouble me due to me carefully positioning my units but left the executioner on just 2 wounds and popped a few wounds on each terminator squad and the hellblasters plus librarian.

Could have been a fun game but the rules thing and then being, in my opinion, an arse over the points soured it a bit. Am I being harsh over that?
Nah screw the other person. If they didn't do the points thing on purpose then they should have corrected the mistake when noted. We always share lists (via Battlescribe) prior to starting so you can know what each other have and get an understanding of abilities etc. Also picking up that using Stealth and not having.

It becomes a chore when you got so many things against and just not playing in the spirit of the game.

In terms of turns etc, it seems like you had a solid roll with first turn and to basically loose nothing also solid. And seems like Tau player got some pretty awful rolling then.

Raz

Raz

Soldato

Could have been a fun game but the rules thing and them being, in my opinion, an arse over the points soured it a bit. Am I being harsh over that?

Sounds like one of those difficult players, he really should have agreed something with the points as any fair player would have done. Probably annoyed that he may have lost the game even with 200pts extra and using stealth wrongly.

Associate
Anyone else stupidly excited about cities of sigmar?

I recently finished up painting up 2k of seraphon for a recent tournament and I'm immediately jumping at the bit to get painting some regular guys

Soldato
Seems Vallejo updated their game range and now on par with AK 3rd gen 18ml also. Some pretty awsome paint paint ranges out currently.

Wonder how many people purely move away GW because of the pots. Also their naming convention is also starting to **** me off.

Associate
Seems Vallejo updated their game range and now on par with AK 3rd gen 18ml also. Some pretty awsome paint paint ranges out currently.

Wonder how many people purely move away GW because of the pots. Also their naming convention is also starting to **** me off.

I'm a huge fan of the new game colour range. They've a very matte finish I love but aren't as painful to use as the scale75 paints.

Back
Top Bottom