Tabletop Warhammer?

Soldato
Finally got my painting stuff set up again, and to get back into the swing of things have been painting some terrain.

Started off with one of the standard 40k containers which was great fun!

0tFWuRz.jpg

Then did a barricade from the Kill Team Octarius box:

oXk34bs.jpg

Used Dirty Down Rust from AK Interactive and it is absolutely incredible! Super easy to get super realistic effect!

DIL0hzm.jpg

Last edited:
Sgarrista
Commissario
Had my first game today! Absolutely loved it.

Necrons (me) v Imperial Guard.

Turn 1
I lost the first turn roll, so after setting up it kicked off right away. He rushes a squad of deathcorps in a chimeria towards my deathmarks and immortals, while rolling his leman russ towards the void dragon. He uses the sentinels scout ability to move it to get some nice clear line of sight of the deathmarks. He unloads the Leman russ into the void dragon knocking off 2 wounds, the sentinel into the deathmarks killing 2 and everything else was lline of sight. He managed to secure 2 objectives and takes a solid point lead here.

In my turn both deathmarks regenerate and I charge the void dragon forward to the Leman russ. Shooting phase I unleash the Overlords tacheon arrow at the Chimera with some epic dice rolls knocking it down to 1 wound. The Void dragon sucks wounds off the Leman russ to regenerate to full and then has a miserable shooting phase. The deathmarks all fail to wound the sentinel and the immortals all fail to finish off the chimera. To finish off the void dragon charges into the leman russ and does a while chunk of damage taking it down to 5 wounds. I didnt secure any objectives here.

Turn 2
He unloads his chimera and opens fire on the immortals. Some tragic dice rolls left everything still standing. His psyker then unloads and wipes out all the immortals. However fails his check and the psyker kills himself. The chimera unloads onto the necron lord and takes 2 wounds. The Leman russ backs off. He fires his 2 hunter killer missiles at the void dragon, both hit, both fail to wound. He gains another victory point.

In my turn the void dragon and deathmarks manage to pop the sentinel with ranged attacks. I move the overlord towards the death corps and start my charges. The void dragon piles into the Leman again and finishes it off, before securing the objective marker. The lord charges into the death corps and kills 4 before taking 2 wounds himself.

Currently 3-1 in his favor on victory points.

Turn 3
He uses various abilities and command points to return the death corps back to full strength, and the sentinel returns on the side also. Everything he can shoot with (the chimera and sentinel) unload into the void dragon which just shrugs off the attacks. He then charges the overlord with the chimera who turns around and boops it on the nose causing it to explode. The overlord and death corps stalemate and not much else happens.

In my turn the overlord regenerates a wound and I unload the deathmarks into the only thing they can shoot, the sentinel, and knock a couple of wounds off. The void dragon moves across the map towards the melee in the middle and uses its spear to take the sentinel down to 2 wounds.

4-1 in his favor.

Turn 4
At this point the overlord has kept his units too occupied, so he focuses everything into it including charging the sentinel in. Some tragic dice rolls result in nothing happening. On my counter attacks manage to kills off a few of the deathcorps.

On my turn I know I have to win by wiping him out. The void dragon is close enough to the sentinel and the matter absorbtion ability finishes it off. It charges in hitting all 10 attacks with the spear and all 10 wound. The commanders feel no pain ability keeps 2 of them alive. The extra 6 attacks from the tail then proceeds to finish the job.

Victory by annihilation to kindai :D

We both had a great game and boy oh boy I cant wait for my next.

He got a bit unlucky that so much of his army was tied up in tanks, vs one of the best anti-tank characters going. It also didnt help that he got to tied up with an overlord who just wouldnt die. I think if he managed to get that out the way and free up his units he may have been able to take the points victory instead.

Soldato
3rd one now finished, 2 more to go. Only building 5 as I struggle to get through squads of 10 :p

Anybody else pre-ordering a Christmas boxset today? I’ve decided on the Cadian one - always liked the Guard, and the new designs look great. The fact the boxset only has new designs is the swinger for me!

Soldato
Yeah I didn’t think the nids one looked bad but my mate didn’t rate it. Maybe because if the amount of Battleline, but I think that’s pretty thematic!

Depends on the price point for sure tho. The Guard one needs to be £130 for me, as at £150, it’s only £16 cheaper than buying from third parties……

Sgarrista
Commissario
Looks like a lot of its already sold out, World eaters is marked as unavailable, and a friend saying when hes trying to pay for his box its getting removed from his cart as no longer in stock.

Soldato
I bagged the IG boxset in the end. Well, the wife did it while I was driving up the A1 at 10am :D I decided even at £10 more than I hoped, I’d like have regret if I missed out.

So hype train - my second ever WH40k army!

Associate
True, but from what ive heard the allocations this year are going to be rough for the independants. I managed to secure an onslaught swarm so am quite chuffed as its saving around £60 and I didnt like the psycophage in the combat patrol.
The allocations have been total pants for months.

Soldato
Over GW prices it’s a considerable saving. Saving becomes less when you buy from alternative resellers, but it’s still the cheapest way. EG the Astra Militarum boxset (£140) would be £207.50 from Gee Dubs.

Raz

Raz

Soldato
Yep, savings and that's it. I've now got a knight and wardogs to build, along with enough Imperial Guard stuff for a 2000 pt army so I'm going to stay away from the shops for now.

Caporegime
Still got far too much to get painted before buying more big boxes... Although the Ork box would have made a good addition to the Combat Patrol box :p

Soldato
Oh yeah I never buy direct anyway tbf. I am unsure what to get next, I am clearly not that excited about my chaos stuff, won't sell it though because one day I might get inspired. Not really sure what to get for my marines because there is so much bloody choice with them, I am not interested in meta chasing so generally just go for what looks cool but I don't like any of the battleline units.
I think the assassin units are cool, would be interesting to use in a game.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom