Tabletop Warhammer?

Sgarrista
Commissario
Genuine question, would anyone here be interested in the full speedpaint set?

Ive put some feelers out to some companies on pricing for the rack, and it may work out cheaper to buy and split a rack than pick up a complete collection.

A rack contains:

4 of each 90 speedpaints
6 bottles of contrast medium
3 starter sets
2 most wanted sets

The cheapest I have found a complete set for is £250, so if I can get a decent 50 quid extra off that, would anyone be interested maybe?

Commissario
Anyone looking at the Legio Imperialis stuff that's going on pre-order next week?

My normal groups are both going for it fairly heavily, but then we've been into Titanicus very heavily since it came out (low model count, lovely models, fast and very fun to play*), and some AI so we're already partly set for it :)
I'm hoping LI keeps to the same principle as AT, simple rules and fast to play, we all largely dropped out of 40k because it took so long to play a game and seemed to be getting ever more complicated.

*It's amazing how quickly a game can turn around, especially when a catastrophic explosion takes place and there is a chance of chain reactions as one titan goes down, it shoots another as it falls causing that one to go boom, which then sets off the one next to it...suddenly half the models on the board are out for the count (and there can be much laughter as a knight ends up being the MVP for getting that last crit under the shields of a titan starting the collapse, or the little warhound that just got splatted by the warlord gets it's revenge and then some as it takes the warlord out).

Last edited:
Soldato
Death guard out the door and back to space wolves. 3 days of printing and I want to completely redo my Spacewolves and maybe a new paint scheme hah!!

Last edited:
Soldato
@Werewolf Titanicus sounds absolutely brilliant and right up my street. If I played regularly enough I’d be well up for it. Maybe Virtual desktop is the way to go for it……

Determined to finish this Intercessor squad before my Imperial Guard boxset arrives, so got two on the go at the moment!

Soldato
Dont do spray varnish if you want a matte or satin finish. They are super tempremental and can ruin a paint job.

The best I have found is to get Ultra Matte Varnish from AK interactive, and Citadel Contrast medium and mix it up in 50/50 (duncan recommends this), you can then use a big brush to cover the model quickly. Alternatively Stormshield from GW is a decent quality though a lot more work because its quite thick.

Just to triple check. This one?

Soldato
I was too embarrassed to count mine after realising it was well over 100 and I've painted like five models using about five of those colours.
BUT I'VE GOT THE COLOURS READY SHOULD I NEED
100% depending on how the new army painter range is like I can see me bulk selling my CW paints. Drawer full of mostly unopened paints hah.

I’m petrified thinking about even using the streaking grime hah

Soldato
100% depending on how the new army painter range is like I can see me bulk selling my CW paints. Drawer full of mostly unopened paints hah.

I’m petrified thinking about even using the streaking grime hah

That made me remember something so I went in checked and it turns out I bought a product called AK Rust streaks. I also appear to have a bottle of Vallejo old rust which is a pigment. Forget what and why lol.

Associate
Anyone planning on picking up imperialis? I'm picking it up and I'm strugling to deicde a legion & titan legion to go with them.

ATM I'm thinking either Sons of Horus & Legio Mortis or Blood Angel and Legio Ignatum

Soldato
That made me remember something so I went in checked and it turns out I bought a product called AK Rust streaks. I also appear to have a bottle of Vallejo old rust which is a pigment. Forget what and why lol.
I have dark earth pigments never used hah.

It’s strange I prefer the look of the grim dark schemes or the eavy metal style with the use of battle damage and heavy on the pigments for quite a while now but have never tried it.

Picked up the classic Streaking grime and then Panzer grey streaking grime which is ment to be very good for lighter schemes.

Associate
Genuine question, would anyone here be interested in the full speedpaint set?

Ive put some feelers out to some companies on pricing for the rack, and it may work out cheaper to buy and split a rack than pick up a complete collection.

A rack contains:

4 of each 90 speedpaints
6 bottles of contrast medium
3 starter sets
2 most wanted sets

The cheapest I have found a complete set for is £250, so if I can get a decent 50 quid extra off that, would anyone be interested maybe?
I'll put myself down as interested!

Soldato
Dont do spray varnish if you want a matte or satin finish. They are super tempremental and can ruin a paint job.

The best I have found is to get Ultra Matte Varnish from AK interactive, and Citadel Contrast medium and mix it up in 50/50 (duncan recommends this), you can then use a big brush to cover the model quickly. Alternatively Stormshield from GW is a decent quality though a lot more work because its quite thick.

I used GW munitorum varnish on hundreds of models and never had an issue.

I've heard of the horror stories, but always made sure the can was warm, used to stick it down my t-shirt for half an hour or so, then shake the **** out of it before use, keep shaking regularly, I never had any problems at all.

It dulls down the metallics slightly, I guess.

Associate
It's AK ultra matte for me or nothing. I don't trust spray cans I've had too many cans of varnish fuzz up.

Speaking of spray cans though I've just found a stockist of color forge in Northern Ireland so I won't have to pay the exorbitant shipping fees to get a can sent over here

Soldato
Hah my paints have landed. Where are you postman!!!
It's AK ultra matte for me or nothing. I don't trust spray cans I've had too many cans of varnish fuzz up.

Speaking of spray cans though I've just found a stockist of color forge in Northern Ireland so I won't have to pay the exorbitant shipping fees to get a can sent over here
TELL MEEE

I only really know of tactical retreat, Toymasters in Banbridge/Portadown and the official store in Belfast that's sells wargaming supplies.

Last edited:
Associate
Hah my paints have landed. Where are you postman!!!

TELL MEEE

I only really know of tactical retreat, Toymasters in Banbridge/Portadown and the official store in Belfast that's sells wargaming supplies.
Dragonscale cards in Lisburn sell color forge/

Northern Card Gaming in ards are amazing shop with lots of supplies but not color forge yet

Back
Top Bottom