Tabletop Warhammer?

WIP on my despoiler, got this and two war dogs from Armigers on the go at the moment.

Forgot how much fun Knights are to paint, love getting the oils out and doing a bunch of dot filtering.

I couldn't be bothered to get the airbrush out so I've been stippling these instead and pretty happy with how they're coming out.

God I love the look of years old metal, might have to kitbash a knight into a Gorka/Moroanaught soon!

WIP on my despoiler, got this and two war dogs from Armigers on the go at the moment.

Forgot how much fun Knights are to paint, love getting the oils out and doing a bunch of dot filtering.

I couldn't be bothered to get the airbrush out so I've been stippling these instead and pretty happy with how they're coming out.

Really impressive work!

Been working on this for a long old while. Still not finished

embed

embed

@kindai What are you doing that leads to needing/wanting a full blown strip and restart? :p

I'm struggling to see what sort of mistake you'd be making there that couldn't just be retouched a bit

@kindai What are you doing that leads to needing/wanting a full blown strip and restart? :p

Nothing that in theory couldnt be touched in, but I want szarekh and his weapon to be absolutely perfect as imagine will not play the full throne on table but make a proxy base to stand him and his buddies on to maintain base size and the menihrs.

Apparently there was a two hour wait to even get on the GW site earlier!:o
There certainly was, the guy who runs my local tabletop gaming store contacted me earlier this morning to ask if there was anything I was after as the stock was going rather fast.

He does a bit of a discount too which helps.

Nice they asked! :)
We get on well with ours, and would say we're on pretty friendly terms (they know us well, along with our pet parrots...), but it doesn't go THAT far haha

They did get some items in, knowing we were one of those whom requested, and even after we'd grabbed them, different people there tried to make sure we knew they were in as they knew we had wanted some though across a few days/visits, so that was nice though as they remembered us and thought about us :)

Fingers crossed that helps when the Deathwing box arrives in the next month or two!!

Last edited:
As always, love the look of most of the fantasy stuff, just got no scope to paint or play it, or learn about it from scratch. If I were to ever venture to another game it would probably be Infinity because I like the cyberpunk theme, but there are also an awful lot out there I am unaware of.

Got some Biostrip 20. Not really that impressed with it so far, website reckons 30-60m and then you can remove paint easily. Had some stuff in far longer and not really that effective.
However, still removing more than IPA would in that time and without the smell. Very messy though as it's thick and gloopy

Last edited:
Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd

Fudged it :D

Into the IPA.
Stop it with you sub assembly ****, it sets unrealistic beauty standards for the rest of us "glue the sodding thing together first" luddites.

Went into an Italian FLGS this week just to look around. I was wearing jeans and trainers, I felt deeply underdressed vs the locals like a nurgle player at a prom.

One had a bloody beret, not a military one just a nice fashion one to match his long coat.

Wouldn't mind too much but the bugger had orks.

Last edited:
As always, love the look of most of the fantasy stuff, just got no scope to paint or play it, or learn about it from scratch. If I were to ever venture to another game it would probably be Infinity because I like the cyberpunk theme, but there are also an awful lot out there I am unaware of.

Got some Biostrip 20. Not really that impressed with it so far, website reckons 30-60m and then you can remove paint easily. Had some stuff in far longer and not really that effective.
However, still removing more than IPA would in that time and without the smell. Very messy though as it's thick and gloopy
Are you agitating it and keeping it warm given its winter?

Electric toothbrush and a radiator may help like old school pcb etching

Man I’ve been sick as a pig so no hobby time just work then bed and TV.

Just checking out the Oldworld stuff. I can get some of the GW hate over some of their business practices but man looks at all the games and factions they have given people.

Some of the coolest **** I have ever seen. Knights on flying horses, warrior nuns, heavy metal armies, dragons, titans, demons, fungi based armies lol, vampires, the undead, the living dead, angels, cults, giants, ogres and marines with a flavour to suit most. Probably missed a bucket load but that’s the cool **** that instantly pops into my head and I’ve only been in the hobby 2-3 years.

Edit: how did I forget sexy elves and dull elves and space elves!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom