Tabletop Warhammer?

Soldato
Push fit as well which I hate, but I still glue them together though.

Ohhh I don't mind that but I'm all for anything quick.
I've seen a really nice grim dark style for black legion which I'm going to try on a few models because if I'm going to have to paint the trim like I think I am then I will never get the army finished.

I was going to have lots of different legions in there to break the monotony of a black army up but not sure now.

Like this:

Last edited:
Associate
Ohhh I don't mind that but I'm all for anything quick.
I've seen a really nice grim dark style for black legion which I'm going to try on a few models because if I'm going to have to paint the trim like I think I am then I will never get the army finished.

I was going to have lots of different legions in there to break the monotony of a black army up but not sure now.

Like this:

Love the look of that my friend :)

Soldato
Love the look of that my friend :)

Well no idea if I can get close tbh. He is using S75 Black Metal on the trim and necro gold, I am wondering if I can make a darker metallic with what I have, though I have to place an order anyway as I want some Colour Forge black primers.

Associate
Have you got any metallic medium at all ? to help you make a dark metal.
Monument Hobbies (Pro Acryl) sell some, got a bottle here but not tried it out yet.

Associate
Have you got any metallic medium at all ? to help you make a dark metal.
Monument Hobbies (Pro Acryl) sell some, got a bottle here but not tried it out yet.
Got the skin tones done on 24 of the clan rats so far, I am doing 5 skin variations across the 40 rats, 8 of each skin tone, then I will be doing 2 colour schemes across all 40, should be fun.

Soldato
Give it a try and see what happens :)

Well I might but also I've managed to find somewhere that had the black metal and necro gold in stock which took me awhile.

Second box turned up today. Also quite a novel loyalty type scheme thingy with the random piece to make up a plaque and then you get points on the store once completed.

upload image

Associate
Well I might but also I've managed to find somewhere that had the black metal and necro gold in stock which took me awhile.

Second box turned up today. Also quite a novel loyalty type scheme thingy with the random piece to make up a plaque and then you get points on the store once completed.

upload image
That's actually quite clever, the plaque has been laser cut by the looks of it.

Pretty sure Element Games keep those paint colours in stock and I think I have them here too ;)

Soldato
That's actually quite clever, the plaque has been laser cut by the looks of it.

Pretty sure Element Games keep those paint colours in stock and I think I have them here too ;)

Necro is on back order there and Wayland. I went to all the usual places and they all either had none in stock or just one or the other. So I found a very small little hobby shop that happened to have both eventually. Necro was the problem child in most cases.

Yeah it's lasercut. Couldn't help but sniff it a few times because I like the smell.

Last edited:
Associate
Necro is on back order there and Wayland. I went to all the usual places and they all either had none in stock or just one or the other. So I found a very small little hobby shop that happened to have both eventually.

Yeah it's lasercut. Couldn't help but sniff it a few times because I like the smell.

First clan rat done very happy with the colour scheme, found those paints you were after on my rack.

If you like that smell you would love my garden shed where my laser is kept ;)

Soldato
Yep that rat looks really good! 39 to go :D

I randomly found a s75 paint I didn't know I had yesterday called eclipse grey, so I used that to try dry brushing the black on my war dog. Worked fine, subtle.

Now I'm just imagining myself in your shed inhaling deeply lol. My TTC paint rack is laser cut as well. I had to pop it out of the frames.

Last edited:
Associate
Yep that rat looks really good! 39 to go :D

I randomly found a s75 paint I didn't know I had yesterday called eclipse grey, so I used that to try dry brushing the black on my war dog. Worked fine, subtle.

Now I'm just imagining myself in your shed inhaling deeply lol. My TTC paint rack is laser cut as well. I had to pop it out of the frames.
Petroleum grey from scale 75 is really good for edging blacks too ;)

All contrast paint on the rat apart from the metallics & a bit of drybrushing too.

Soldato
Nice paintjob as always. Never liked that Army though, feels like they just added them in to capture gundam fans and I never felt they fit personally.

Back
Top Bottom