*** Tado Mini Review ***

Soldato
I ordered one too, my boiler is 15 years old so does need replacing however I think the major problem was with the timer. This will hopefully be a cost effective way of extending the life of the heater, worth a try for less than £3 per month.

Soldato
mine was delivered this morning before 9AM; pretty fast delivery from Germany! all the bits looks very well made and the packaging is ace too; love the paperclip ;)

Don't forget to put the temp' sensor on charge when the box comes!

Associate
Received 2 shipping confirmations today, seems due a to glitch in their system I have ordered twice - first test of the Tado support to see if they can organise getting one back to them, and refunding me for their mistake.

Associate
Dealt with incredible efficiency on Tado's side, managed to cancel and refund the duplicate order - shipped the first order on Thursday, and is due for delivery today. Still amazes me that you can get a parcel overnight from another country!

Will update as things progress!

Associate
Tado received today at work, installed when got home took about an hour total. Now all up and running, waiting to see what this badboy can do!

/Edit.

I have replaced my Thermostat with the blanking plate. The programmer is now the Tado Box, and I've moved the wireless sensor out of the all and into the living room.

Associate
Installed mine today, all up and running now. Had a slight issue as I had to wire a new socket in my airing cupboard for the tado control box.

Tested it in manual mode and everything is good, looking forward to seeing how it works.

Associate
Having a mixed experience of Tado so far. It's good when it works, detects location correctly and adjusts heating / hot water accordingly. It now keeps loosing internet connectivity. A reset normally sorts it, but I can't keep having to reset it.

Support so far haven't responded, which is a little disappointing given a Tado without internet is virtually useless :(

Soldato
How are people finding battery usage with their phones? I'd personally prefer they went with a Nest style system of detecting when you're in based on house activity rather than using my phone.

Associate
Got mine hooked up at the weekend. Good instructions to take you through everything needing done.

Not had any connection issues though mine is plugged into a dedicated router, though it is still in the same cupboard as the adsl modem/wireless.

Seems to be good so far, waiting a few days for it to build up some decent reports. I think my heating has only been on for 30mins each morning to boost the temp then everything else has been sun. Be good to see over the winter.

Soldato
I didn't have a spare plug near my router so plugged it into the garage and it's attached to the switch that is in there. I've only lost connection once with it.

Kemik said:
How are people finding battery usage with their phones? I'd personally prefer they went with a Nest style system of detecting when you're in based on house activity rather than using my phone.
No issues with iPhone battery life over and above it's usual shoddyness! The real plus point with Tado is being able to spot you coming home and bringing the house back up to temperature. With 2 children under 2 it's important for us that the house is warm and cosy when they return.

Associate
Anyone else find that the solar radiation is a bit off? Not sure how this will be effecting the learning of the house heat profile/weather to house heat etc.

e.g.
5deg jump with no solar?
yPiO0J5.png

And OK I was mucking about with settings but solar from 1am-6am while taking a 2deg drop?
nP1tWJt.png

Associate
Connection problems seem to be sorted now, I moved the unit away from the router (albit it's not a wireless one) and sorted. Think they could improve certain things:

1) Heat hot water on a schedule, combined with knowing I'm at home. Not do either / or
2) Let me configure the presence detection range. My office is close to the house so it tries to maintain it at a certain temp, even though I won't be coming home.
3) Not keep complaining when I quit the app, it doesn't seem to run well as a background app.

Soldato
Connection problems seem to be sorted now, I moved the unit away from the router (albit it's not a wireless one) and sorted. Think they could improve certain things:

1) Heat hot water on a schedule, combined with knowing I'm at home. Not do either / or
2) Let me configure the presence detection range. My office is close to the house so it tries to maintain it at a certain temp, even though I won't be coming home.
3) Not keep complaining when I quit the app, it doesn't seem to run well as a background app.

This is my concern re location as my office will be about 1 mile if that from the new house.

Nest i like, but why no hot water option.

So this one and hive of interest

Soldato
I turned the heating off last night via the app and woke up to the heating being on. The app still said the heating was off (had a different background) yet the only way I could turn the heating off was to turn the boiler off itself.

Any thoughts as to what could be causing this? Tado support haven't answered my ticket.

Associate
What was your wiring config when installing? I only had (H) wire but noticed that others can have a heating on (H) and heating off H wires.

Only a guess. But if you have the pictures of your old wiring and your new then someone might be able to spot a problem if there is one.

Back
Top Bottom