We offer free upgrade from:
Z97X-UD3H-BK to Z170X-UD3
Z97X-UD5H-BK to Z170X-UD5 TH
Z97X-Gaming G1 WIFI-BK to Z170X-Gaming G1

Here is the website to claim this: http://upgrade.gigabyte.eu

We also offer advanced upgrade from:
Z97X-UD3H-BK to Z170X-UD5 TH or Z170X-Gaming G1
Z97X-UD5H-BK to Z170X-Gaming G1
In this case customer pays only the difference between his original purchase price and the suggested street price of the new board.

Such advanced upgrade is handled individually via this email.

Gigaman - If this upgrade opportunity would be left until almost 3 years is up, will still be something to upgrade to?

Associate
OP
@-Mike-
We let you (or anyone who participates in this programme) upgrade once within the 3 years. It’s your decision when you want to upgrade. And based on this WHEN it’s of course also to what chipset series: Z170 now or successor in the future.

@WgizmO
There is no X99 based upgrade in any way.

Last edited:
Associate
Just to clarify, if Intel release a new CPU/Chipset package within the next year or so, will people who have signed up for this deal, be eligible to upgrade by paying the difference?

The Z170X upgrade isn't enough of a jump in performance over my Z97/i7 4790K combo to justify the extra outlay.

The next gen maybe, but I hope GIGA-Man can clarify this. :)

Associate
OP
Hi Gazanimal

We let you (or anyone who participates in this programme) upgrade once within the 3 years of the purchase date. It’s your decision when you want to upgrade. And based on this WHEN it’s of course also to what chipset series: Z170 now or successor in the future, as l already informed here.

This second board (upgrade) is free as long it's the same level model (e.g. Z97X-UD5H-BK into future chipset UD5). You only pay the difference when you want to upgrade into higher SKUs.

Associate
Hi Gazanimal

We let you (or anyone who participates in this programme) upgrade once within the 3 years of the purchase date. It’s your decision when you want to upgrade. And based on this WHEN it’s of course also to what chipset series: Z170 now or successor in the future, as l already informed here.

This second board (upgrade) is free as long it's the same level model (e.g. Z97X-UD5H-BK into future chipset UD5). You only pay the difference when you want to upgrade into higher SKUs.

Any clues as to when such a Z170 successor will be arriving? :p

Associate
Hi GigaMan i would like to ask I got Z97X-UD3H-BK edition board is there a way to confirm if my board was registered to the promotion? Because by the time i bought this the sales person on OCUK said it was registered already but i did not received any email about it.

thanks

Associate
OP
Hi GigaMan i would like to ask I got Z97X-UD3H-BK edition board is there a way to confirm if my board was registered to the promotion? Because by the time i bought this the sales person on OCUK said it was registered already but i did not received any email about it.

thanks

Hi
If you can't remember if you have registered it (at this site) then check your email box for the certificate.
If you don't find it then just contact under: [email protected] providing full serial number for checking.

Associate
As far I can see new Kaby Lake cpus will run on old z170 chipsets could you tell me please which boards will have bios ready to go or which mobos I can chose from? My current mobo is GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK.

Soldato
Started looking into using this upgrade, but can't find any email from Gigabyte.

Have emailed the support email above.

May wait for Z270, but really do want rid of this Z97Z Gaming G1 - never been impressed with it.

Back
Top Bottom