Team Group Dark Pro "8 Pack Edition" 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 PC4-25600C14 3200MHz Dual Channel Kit - Black

OcUK Staff
CPUZ when trying to read registers already in use by other software or apps can indeed cause this problem. TurboV by ASUS and CPUZ running at the same time for example is immediate reboot with certain version of TurboV.

Check one stick at a time 2133 first with CPU at stock.

Associate
Having applications polling the CPU will help instigate any instability. So it's not so much that it was CPUz making the system unstable, the system likely is just unstable. Make sure to test the memory with the appropriate methods (HCI, GSAT)
I should have clarified, the memory has passed 8 hours memtest and a few runs of HCI at 2133, but as 8 pack mentioned I was running CPU-Z and HWINFO on every crash. As soon as I stopped using both it has been fine.

CPUZ when trying to read registers already in use by other software or apps can indeed cause this problem. TurboV by ASUS and CPUZ running at the same time for example is immediate reboot with certain version of TurboV.

Check one stick at a time 2133 first with CPU at stock.

I've now validated each stick at 2133 and an HCI run at 2666 CL14 with no issues. The moment I try anything beyond 2666 I get random boot loops and instant HCI errors regardless of latencies and voltages. I'm going to swap them with the set in the other machine in order to narrow it down to the memory kit itself or the CPU/mobo.

Associate
^ Thanks 8 Pack, it seems one of the modules is faulty. It will not run at > 2666 without boot loops and HCI memtest errors in either machine. The remaining stick from the kit, plus the two in the other kit work fine at XMP speeds in both machines. I presume the best course of action is to post in CS and initiate an RMA.

Soldato
@8 Pack Where you able to check the removal of the heat spreader?

Sorry to ask again but i'm just waiting on this before ordering parts

On a slightly different note if i where to buy 2 dual channel kits would they work in quad channel on x299?

Soldato
Not tried that test but mine is running at 1.41v and 3333 c14.

In the end I just went for the xmp / docp profile at 3200 c14 , changed memory divider to 3333 and upped dram voltage to 1.41v. For my needs it is fine and did the realbench stress test fine for an hour as well as three hours of BF1. No issues so far but I am not an extreme overclocker.

Ste

Ste

Soldato
Tertiary are trained by the board, I think secondary are in the XMP profile. If you've got TRC at 90+ in the custom SPD profile of those 8 pack branded memory's people should be able to squeeze a bit more out of it

Soldato
OP
I've currently set it to 14-14-14-33-58-T1

It got over an hour without error on memtest86. I stopped it as i wanted to Battlegrounds. Will run it overnight.

Would you suggest changing any secondary or tertiary settings?

OcUK Staff
Secondary depends on board bios too. This is where vendors get the balance between performance and compatability.

If it's stable gaming and mem test for a while it's probably going to be stable but yeah you can run more tests ofcourse.

Back
Top Bottom