Tesco's USA sweet goodies!

Do they have root beer, that's all I want to know.

Totally on you on this, root beer is the best. Got some A&W Root Beer from Wawa whilst I was there last week :-D yummy.

Very cool Tesco are doing these things.. I might have to take a little trek and snaffle a few things up :D

Hershey's chocolate is 'ok' but Dairy Milk is soooo much better. I am however being trained in the art of enjoying peanut butter chocolate :-D

... it's probably just me though but I much prefer our U.K based sweet stuff.

It isn't just you. I found that most pre-made foods in Canada and USA don't taste as nice as the equivalent over here. One of the reasons I understand is because they use a lot of artificial / chemical stuff and haven't yet gone through the 'no artificial colours / flavours and proper sugar' food revolution that we have. My girlfriend and I went to Canada over Christmas and bought a Nestle Caramilk, which is like Galaxy Caramel, but doesn't taste very nice. It didn't have a very nice taste or chewing consistency. I think Europe is much better at making chocolate. They import stuff like Lindt and Quality Street and they love it.

Last edited:
Anybody apart from the Op actually found these by the way? Tesco occasionally only use certain stores to trial things, perhaps the Op is just lucky!

Tesco in Scotland don't currently stock any of the main American stuff the op has posted. I'm guessing it's a trial they're running in one of their main London stores which would have course be replenished by one of our English distribution centres.

Do they have root beer, that's all I want to know.

I had a look online when I was ordering my shopping and they have something called 'Jeremiah Weed Root Brew', is that any good? Will have a look in store at some point as they don't have a lot of stuff online and i really want to try some root beer.

We have a lot of business travel between here & Washington so there's often a fair bit of american goodies in the office. I brought back a lot of Reece's Pieces and PB Twix last time I was over.

One of my US collegues came over last week & brought me 2 boxes of Double Stuff Golden Oreos and a box of Mint Oreos. He has also DHL'd me boxes of Oreos over in the past - great guy! He called when he got home to say that his wife had spotted PB Oreos in the supermarket. I'm hoping they might arrive soon :D

Chinese supermarket in Glasgow does root beer as well, can't remember the make but it's a chinese one. Tastes just like it though. It's the big Seewoo supermarket out near Balmore Road.

Re: Mountain Dew - the US version (MTN Dew) uses high-fructose corn syrup as the sweetener which differs from the regular sugar used in other varieties such as the UK's Mountain Dew Energy. Other than that I'm not aware of any recipe differences but I still think the US/Imported version tastes better.

Back
Top Bottom