Test Drive Unlimited Gameplay Thread

Caporegime
Well so far i have a house, audi A3 and the nissan 350z nismo which sounds like pure sex...Also had a test drive in the Enzo and Gallardo..both superb machines. I do like the Audi A3 though, seems pretty quick and nimble and love doing powerslides with it but the nismo at the moment is quite fun.

Dont know why anyone says the handling is off, its much much better than the demo..in fact i was doing quite a few doughnuts with the nismo last night.
Mind you those drop off missions, where you pick up a woman and take her where you want...damn some of them are kinda hard but the thing that annoys me is that as soon as you get close to finishing...you have to slow right down on the yellow circle...if you go over it you have to reverse back..kinda sucks...took me at least 4 goes before i managed to get Jennifer back where she wanted to be.

Managed to finish off the Enzo drop off mission, that was an interesting little blast...ended up with just under $75k as i had a few little bumps and scrapes but my god that thing is fast FAST!!!...and sounds orgasmic.

Definitely had fun last night playing it, cant wait to get home for another good 5-6 hr blast on it. Am hoping my bro in Canada gets his copy today so i can hook up with him for a nice cruise around Hawaii.

Only lock up i did have though was when i went to the car club bit, it just hung on me so had to re-start the console again. Also every so often i keep getting the TDU servers are currently unavailable??...which is pretty annoying..seems like its a bug of some sort.

Anyways im down to $90k after buying the nismo, so gonna have to start getting some more money...btw where are the big big races ie where you win more than say $9k??. I know the enzo one won me $75k but ive done most of the solo races...each with a gold cup...

Associate
Picked this up last night, played for about 5 hours so far, liking it a lot. Still got loads of the island left to explore, only been around the bottom part, going to journey further north this afternoon.

~J~

~J~

Soldato
Spawn said:
Only lock up i did have though was when i went to the car club bit, it just hung on me so had to re-start the console again.

I've had this a few times this morning but on the Dine-In's. A bit annoying but thankfully it's saving my milage and where I've driven.

Soldato
I've had one lockup (sort of) so far. I was playing and accidently hit the guide button, then I couldn't get out of it again and the game was running in the background still. A minute later the 360 locked up so I had to reboot but lost no progress luckily. Reminds me of the old PGR3 'guide button' bug.

Caporegime
~J~ said:
I've had this a few times this morning but on the Dine-In's. A bit annoying but thankfully it's saving my milage and where I've driven.

Yeah exactly where mine locked up at the Dine in bit. Oh well so far ive only stuck to the area where i first bought my house...gonna have to do a cross island cruise tonight at some point. Hopefully make some money and buy some new cars and possibly a new house.
Which reminds me hehe, i havent bought any new clothes since i first started playing it. I saw a nice Ecko unlimited store...me thinks its time to buy some new gear for myself.

Also i like the way you can adjust your facial appearance within the game...pretty cool..now i look a lot like myself with a nice little goatee to finish it off. Just a shame you cant actually interact with anyone ie he/she doesnt talk much lol.

Permabanned
schnipps said:
Does this stutter for anyone? just picked it up today and it seems to split second stutter/jump especially when you are racing, its really annoying.

Yeah I notice very very slight stutters. Not quite enough to spoil it thank goodness.

Gotta say though, despite my doubts about getting it I'm glad I did. Tis a very good game. It offers something totally different from my other driving games (PGR3, Burnout Revenge).

Last edited:

~J~

~J~

Soldato
Spawn said:
Also i like the way you can adjust your facial appearance within the game...pretty cool..now i look a lot like myself with a nice little goatee to finish it off. Just a shame you cant actually interact with anyone ie he/she doesnt talk much lol.

Yep, go back to your house and choose character, then face. Changed mine 'cos I had a haircut yesterday! :D

Had a nice cruise around the island today with a pair of combats and nice ben sherman white t-shirt. Niceeeeeeeeee!

Soldato
So annoyed. Did the Island Cruise in my corvette and had no problems keeping ahead of the crowd, until the final bits where you approach the highways :rolleyes:

On the last straight before the finish line I caught up with the McLaren in first, and slightly lost control over a bump, then slammed into his rear pushing him over the line :( :mad: :o

Soldato
ok there is a car dealership it wont let me go to so i can;t unlock the bike garages :(
Its on the printed map and i think i am parked outside it 'Oahu Cars' just over the bridge from the McLaren garage. It also doesnt appear on my GPS map :(

Do u need to be a certain rank in a certain car? i am Pro and parked outside it in an Aston Martin and it wont give an Enter **sigh** Help please lol

[Edit]
Hmmm now i am outside a Lexus garage which is the dealer i was looking for on the printed map, but it isnt on my GPS still and it wont let me go in ugggg

Last edited:

Dup

Dup

Soldato
I'm doing alright. Not bothered about the Group A cars atm. I'll get my McLaren anyway. But I have bought a TVR Sagaris, fully tuned it to do the Group C races... My God it sounds good. Its flipping wild too. On manual gearing and bendy circuits its a damn handfull. I can do an entire race in full wheelspin!

Anyone suggest something to do to make quck money? I'm saving for that $1m and I'm at about 800k, don't fancy the Tour Round the Island, I'll crash with the finish in sight knowing me.

I've taken some cool photos too, I wish we could upload them :mad:

Hmmm now i am outside a Lexus garage which is the dealer i was looking for on the printed map, but it isnt on my GPS still and it wont let me go in ugggg

I've noticed a lot of Garages like Mercedes etc in the game that are not mapped or on the GPS, just go to the ones on the GPS that are not bike garages, basically the ones that are greyed out. You only need to discover them, not go in them as such.

Last edited:
Soldato
JUMPURS said:
[Edit]

I saw that this morning, I get the feeling it is there for a future update or car pack, dont think its actually active yet and it doesnt count towards the car dealers you have to find before getting a bike.

Soldato
JUMPURS said:
ok there is a car dealership it wont let me go to so i can;t unlock the bike garages :(
Its on the printed map and i think i am parked outside it 'Oahu Cars' just over the bridge from the McLaren garage. It also doesnt appear on my GPS map :(

Do u need to be a certain rank in a certain car? i am Pro and parked outside it in an Aston Martin and it wont give an Enter **sigh** Help please lol

[Edit]

Nope like Nismo says it not a car dealer at the moment but probs be for something later.

You have probs missed a classic car dealer somewhere. :)

Associate
I love this game so much. Done quite a few races earning some decent cash. resisting temptation to buy more cars. I love the mustang and the Ford Gt they have captured the noise of the cars so well, take a test drive in the gt and listen to it back fire! cant say much for the SLR Mclaren though goes very fast but doesnt sound anything like the real car.

Just need to save money i plan to buy a bigger house with more garage space!

Also i have a question about the game itself online, how many servers are there? I ask this becuase i was playing a lot on friday and the most i have seen in a server is 7 people it says at the bottom left! is that just for the area i am in or the whole map?

Soldato
PyroboyUK said:
I love this game so much. Done quite a few races earning some decent cash. resisting temptation to buy more cars. I love the mustang and the Ford Gt they have captured the noise of the cars so well, take a test drive in the gt and listen to it back fire! cant say much for the SLR Mclaren though goes very fast but doesnt sound anything like the real car.

Just need to save money i plan to buy a bigger house with more garage space!

Also i have a question about the game itself online, how many servers are there? I ask this becuase i was playing a lot on friday and the most i have seen in a server is 7 people it says at the bottom left! is that just for the area i am in or the whole map?

Basically there 60,000 on a server but you only see the closest 7 people to you due to limitations. :)

Permabanned
bingham67 said:
Basically there 60,000 on a server but you only see the closest 7 people to you due to limitations. :)

i thought it was 1000 per server?

if it's 60,000 then no wonder the server is down more than it's up!

Associate
Thats cool, just wish it had a bit more range around the map. I find myself one moment with 7 people and then blink and i am down to one person in my area.

Soldato
PuncH said:
i thought it was 1000 per server?

if it's 60,000 then no wonder the server is down more than it's up!

Nope its 60,000 but tbh it was inveitable that there would be bugs due to the kind of game it is. Im sure it will be smoothed out although nothing has troubled me much 34% complete now. :)

Back
Top Bottom