Test Drive Unlimited Gameplay Thread

Soldato
On behalf of Atari Europe

We have identified the source of the problem which has led to unexpected cars appearing and progression being lost.

In order to resolve this, the E-trade system has been temporarily deactivated. You cannot currently trade vehicles with other players, although you can still sell your vehicles via the direct selling option.

The problem is being dealt with as a priority and we will let you know as soon as the E-trade system is operational again.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Taken this from Atari forums.

Reason this was done because people were reporting problems which a CBR 600 seemed to appear as name on vehicle this in turn locked out game and people lost there game. :/

There quite a lot of bugs but im sure it was to be expected on the scale of the game cant say effected me much so far really.

But there all the same filters etc on atari feedback thread what devs of game will read so hopefully be fixed.

Soldato
Bernard said:
Anyone else keep losing their connection to the servers? Also trying to meet up with some peeps from my FL and can't see them anywhere, anyone any ideas?

Or is it me/my connection?

Ye servers keep going off and on when you see the red names around you that people online.

If you press right d pad and scroll across you can set filters to show friends only on map. (just explore it the best way)

I wish i could show you how its hard to explain in words.

Soldato
Bernard said:
Anyone else keep losing their connection to the servers? Also trying to meet up with some peeps from my FL and can't see them anywhere, anyone any ideas?

Or is it me/my connection?
Treat it like a new mmog game. For the upcoming week it'll be happening a lot as atari tweak the servers and fix any issues.

Permabanned
damn just got in stupid wife must have been out when postie arrived as a certain channel Island retailer sent it recorded, why cant she cahin herself to the house and wait for my post

Soldato
I'm a good driver, me :) Haven't had more than two stars, and haven't been busted :D

Just finished tagging all of the car dealers, gonna go check out some of these bikes :)

Soldato
Thought I'd paste this in here regarding the code for GAME custys. I just got an email from them:

Dear Customer,

Thank you for ordering Test Drive Unlimited.

Please find below a statement from Atari, the Publisher of the title.

"Unfortunately, due to extensive final testing of your exclusive
downloadable content, we are waiting for the functionality to have final
approval. We have tried all in our power to have this ready on launch but
we have been informed that the latest we can expect it is Wednesday 13th
September.

I apologise for this inconvenience but trust that you will enjoy the
experience of Test Drive Unlimited."

Jeremy Wigmore, Managing Director Atari UK Ltd.

----------------------------------

We hope this explains the current situation fully, as soon as Atari
confirms that the download is ready we will mail your unique code to you -
giving you access to both Exclusive cars.

Kind regards,
The Team
GAME.co.uk

Permabanned
da_mic_1530 said:
hhhmmm im tempted to re kindle my interest in this

its just the handling that holds me back, i suppose i could get used to it :)

well despite my reservations i bought it today. it's ok, but the handling is a bit NFS:MW

PGR3 still rules the roost for me (graphically and handling wise). but i'll give TDU a decent chance over the weekend.

Back
Top Bottom