Test Drive Unlimited Gameplay Thread

Im not fan of racing games, but this is awesome, its can be a relaxing game, just going for a cruise etc, or an adrenaline rush having a race etc,, so much to do as well, and if they keep adding to it, weather etc, it will be amazing, great online too, hearing people chatter etc, passing people honking your horn. Only little niggle ive had is car snobbery, mostly by the yanks,, goddamn them,lol

Spawn said:
Already broke my main pad as i kept getting shunted off..so threw my controller at my wardrobe....smashed into 2 but still works though:p.

Book that anger management class spawn :p :D .

The do 180 mph on a winding road race was doing my head in last night i was getting 172 at the most and i must have had 20 goes .

What car are people using on the tour of island race ??? i have 350,000 but that wont buy me a supercar also the game tells me i cant get a bike because i havent been to all the car showrooms i have 29 on the map .

Mlingard said:
What car are people using on the tour of island race ??? i have 350,000 but that wont buy me a supercar also the game tells me i cant get a bike because i havent been to all the car showrooms i have 29 on the map .

Then look for all the car dealers (its really not hard) and then buy the MV Superbike and get it tuned up. Goes 220+mph and handles better than the Kawasaki Ninja. You should blast around the island in around 45 minutes or so :)

really am enjoying this game at the minute, got around 12 cars and 4 houses now.

got to say though the best bang for buck car I have is the TVR Sagaris. absoloutely awesome value for the money and thats without any of the tune upgrades.

Currently cant stop cruising around in my Camaro fully tuned. just love the sound :p

only 26% done though so a long way to go yet.

I am finding it a little frustrating tbh

It could be enjoyable - more so that PGR3 - if only it actually explained everything. For example it explains how to buy a house ingame, how to accept challenges etc ( like the lady with shopping bags) but it didnt ever tell Me how to access the map - tried pressing every button on the controller but couldnt get it - was a little merry at the time though, but still should be a little more obvious imho

FrankJH said:
It could be enjoyable - more so that PGR3 - if only it actually explained everything. For example it explains how to buy a house ingame, how to accept challenges etc ( like the lady with shopping bags) but it didnt ever tell Me how to access the map - tried pressing every button on the controller but couldnt get it - was a little merry at the time though, but still should be a little more obvious imho

I'm sure it tells you in the tutorial part at the start, failing that its listed in the manual ;)

Which cars are you guys getting for each class?
So far ive got:
F: Audi TT
E: 350z Nismo tuned up
D: Lotus esprit (looks cool but drives like a submarine)

Ive got 300k in the bank and im thinking now do i buy a Class C car or just forget about it and buy a something mega quick for the "unlimited" races and to race multiplayer?

Ive never seen a multiplayer race where everyone isnt in Enzos or F1s or the US independant thing that sounds like a hovercraft and getting left for dead in my 350z got old really quick.

What is everyone opinion on the best cars for each class?

Damn does that Saleen ruin the game. Such a rubbish car but it just has to be the fastest eh?! It's like driving an air hockey puck at 250mph, unctrollable but cause its so fast everyone uses it and just smash all over and still win :rolleyes:

New update should be out by the end of the week. Clubs are working now... now I just need a club!

All I have left is the extra challenges, most of them to do. Going to find all roads first so I've discovered everything first. Then to enjoy the online and earn cash to buy all the cars. I'm aiming for 100%, at 60 odd at the mo.

Quick question, I seem to have run out of the car delivery missions after doing about 15 of them, can I assume that thse missions need to be discovered by driving on the same road as them first?

House said:
Which cars are you guys getting for each class?
So far ive got:
F: Audi TT
E: 350z Nismo tuned up
D: Lotus esprit (looks cool but drives like a submarine)

Ive got 300k in the bank and im thinking now do i buy a Class C car or just forget about it and buy a something mega quick for the "unlimited" races and to race multiplayer?

Ive never seen a multiplayer race where everyone isnt in Enzos or F1s or the US independant thing that sounds like a hovercraft and getting left for dead in my 350z got old really quick.

What is everyone opinion on the best cars for each class?

I only have 3 cars but each are from a different class:

F - Audi TT - Only used for the basic class F races
E - Jaguar XK Coupe - Stage 3 tuned and is pretty quick and sounds very nice indeed
D - Jaguar XKR - Stage 3 tuned (474bhp) - very quick in general and sounds even better than the other jag I have.

I have around 400k atm and I am wondering what to buy now lol.

I just delievered the Mustang Concept car and :eek: at the noise. Not hugely quick but sounded soooo nice.

For cruising though it has to be the XKR. (in dark blue with the black wheels)

My lovely Lotus Exige whipped the butt off Nokkons Ferrari last night (most of the time!)*

* saying that, he does have a girl driving which might be programmed into the game to have poorer control

oweneades said:
I only have 3 cars but each are from a different class:

F - Audi TT - Only used for the basic class F races
E - Jaguar XK Coupe - Stage 3 tuned and is pretty quick and sounds very nice indeed
D - Jaguar XKR - Stage 3 tuned (474bhp) - very quick in general and sounds even better than the other jag I have.

I have around 400k atm and I am wondering what to buy now lol.

I just delievered the Mustang Concept car and :eek: at the noise. Not hugely quick but sounded soooo nice.

For cruising though it has to be the XKR. (in dark blue with the black wheels)

Save your money up for a Enzo Ferrari. Then get it tuned to stage three. Fantastic vehicle that is not only fast but very good to handle as well. (not the fastest car in the game but is far better at handling then the likes of the Saleen etc)

cheets64 said:
Off tommorrow and bought 3 bottled lagers (Cobra/Tiger/Kron Blanc)

Up for a good go tonight, any news on the McLarend F1 from GAME :mad:

Atari and Eden are waiting for Microsoft or are working with Microsoft to finalise the downloadable content. We will also get the Audi RS4 and Skyline R34 with it, as compensation. You have to buy them within the game though I think.

Should be no later than tomorrow they say.

yesterday was spent crusing in my GT500 with other muscle car owners which is great :D

Wish they had added some choppers too

My favourite place to hangout is the special spray shop which has many quality motors pass through and racing them through the tunnel is awesome

Had trouble with my Club as I invited a friend but they never got the invite and I cant invite them again :confused:

Shelled out 500k for the club and dont wanna shut it down incase I loose out on the investment :(

Back
Top Bottom