*** The 2011 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Dunno if this borders on a medical question, just after a bit of advice really...

A couple of months ago I pulled/tweaked something in my left forearm and it's never really got better. I was doing (or attempting to do) some pull-ups, and since then I can't do certain extercises without what feels like my forearm killing. I can do a chin-up, and bicep curl without too much trouble, but a pull-up or a hammer curl for example (forearm intensive stuff) really hurts.

Weirdly, it doesn't actually feel like the muscle that's hurting, in that if I poke/prod it I don't feel any pain, it's sort of inside/underneath if that makes sense. The Doc told me to just rest it, so I had two weeks off the gym a month or so ago but it made no difference.

Any idea what it could be if it's not muscular? Is it worth going to see a Physio or shall I just avoid the gym totally until it's sorted? (could be weeks and I hate having that long off) :(

Soldato
I find some people so irritating :( I'm sure I've complained about them here before, but there's a group of 3 guys that I've only ever seen doing chest sessions down the gym. They all work together, so you can imagine it takes a fair while for them to get through their god-knows how many sets when they all seem to be having their individual rest periods :\ Thing is, they're all fat. Yes, they bench more than I can so they've obviously got some strength, but after one or two "sensible" sets, they seem to spot each other for ridiculous weights that they clearly can't lift, and they spot for EVERY rep.

Every.

Goddamn.

Rep!

I suppose they're just doing a chest/back routine - one person works the chest, the spotter working their back :p

Associate
Managed to reach 90KG on my squat last night for the first time, churned out 4 reps which was nice, think I could easily knock out 100KG for 1rm, but not that interested in 1 reppers at the moment. It's not much compared to most on here but I'm quite pleased considering only a month or two back I struggled with 70KG.

:)

Soldato
I find some people so irritating :( I'm sure I've complained about them here before, but there's a group of 3 guys that I've only ever seen doing chest sessions down the gym. They all work together, so you can imagine it takes a fair while for them to get through their god-knows how many sets when they all seem to be having their individual rest periods :\ Thing is, they're all fat. Yes, they bench more than I can so they've obviously got some strength, but after one or two "sensible" sets, they seem to spot each other for ridiculous weights that they clearly can't lift, and they spot for EVERY rep.

Every.

Goddamn.

Rep!

I suppose they're just doing a chest/back routine - one person works the chest, the spotter working their back :p

Oh, I knew there was a point to this story:
Instead of doing my Bench Press first, I had to wait til I'd already done my BORs, leg press and side raises before I could get on the bench, so was a wee bit tired. Went for 65kg (did 62.5kg 5x5 last week) and only managed 4x5 - last rep was heavily spotted, so didn't see much point in trying the last set :) Would've liked to have known how well I'd have done if I got to do it first!

Caporegime
I am easily distracted sometimes... like when hotty (female) personal trainer does squats in front of you.... :D

We get the local strip clubs' (yes, plural, there are many in Holborn) girls training in our gym sometimes. A few of them are damn tasty (the rest are typical skanks.) They do lots of squats. Time it self seems to stop when they are doing them.

Caporegime

Every.

Goddamn.

Rep!

Do you go to my gym? I only ever see a groups of kids using the gym on a Friday....no other day (granted, they could potentially use it Tues and Thursday)...But seriously...I only ever see them doing bench press, and they always hang their legs over that leg curl attachment?

One kid randomly did a 120kg DL =/ slowly mind.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime

Every.

Goddamn.

Rep!

This fairly typical of the guys who want to claim to lift big numbers but can't. Quite a few go to my gym. There is a chap who was doing deads yesterday but with 0 leg drive, he baciscally lifted the entire weight with his lower back. To top it off he was bouncing the weight off the floor each rep like a yoyo. I really gets to me that people are so off the mark with these technical lifts.

Soldato
Oh of course, nowt you can do about it, and I dare say I come across being a lot more angry than I actually am :) Certainly more important things to take to heart in life, but that doesn't mean you don't pass comment on the smaller ones :D

Permabanned
Guess it's an indication that I don't need 4000 calories to grow. My maintenance levels are stupendously low.

I feel like I should be eating though. That was the point of my post. :p

That is not what that means at all m8, you might need 6000 calories to grow doesnt have any bearing on your maintenance, the body isnt that simple

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom