*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
orange squash is your friend.
I mix it in a 0.5 coke bottle and leave it for a while to settle - barely tastes any different than squash.:)

Yeah that's what I tend to do but I much prefer the flavour of xtend :), also apple and black current is good. Orange is pretty good at eliminating most bad tastes IMO. Except unflavoured whey, you never want to mix them :D.

Soldato
I buy from ebay, a seller called supplementoffers. Go for the watermelon flavour.

Edit: Looks like they have updated the formula which comes in a new package. I've sent you a link in trust so you can find it easily.

They have a website too http://www.powerbody.co.uk/search/xtend

Why is the new version SO much more xpensive :p than the old one. Doesn't seem to be that much different unless i'm missing something

Soldato
This is probably a repost... but...

<snip>

Erm.... what?
That's... terrible?!

On a COMPLETELY different note.

Been doing strength training and general bit of gym for about the last year. Strength side of things going pretty well (from 70kg to 100kg on squats) but it was mostly beating the gut etc I was aiming at.

After changing things up a little and going after strength and stamina gains from here on in (as well as still dropping BFR by a good 10%).

My current routines around 40 minutes of various 3x12 sets for whatever muscle group(s) i'm doing that day then around 20 minutes fairly intense rowing 3 times a week.

Would just switching to 3x20ish on a lower weight and the same row work or do I need to change things more/up the reps further? I'd guess throwing and extra day in would likely be needed too as the consitancy is important for stamina gains?

Happy for general tips/questions/suggestions etc.

kai

kai

Soldato
Wow, eventful few days. I went into anaphylactic shock from a face cream i had been using !!! One thing i know all the pre-workout supplements have nothing on a shot of Adrenaline!

Now thats what you need before a big session let me tell you!

Man of Honour
Really? Those are the videos that we took the other week . . . :)
Yeah I know, I'm just a perfectionist!
Thanks matey

Aye certainly some tightness somewhere, been working on the hips lately if thats the correct area to mention...Will look up those other words you just mentioned :p

I think I certainly need to move to a four day split at some point...Got some serious lower back pump due to supersetting shoulders in between sets (not the squats) hopefully not buggered anything
The squats are looking better every time mate :) There are some things we can work on though, but they'll be fixed by what we're doing in your mobilise thread.
This is probably a repost... but...

Oh so we're just stealing things from facebook are we? :p

The worrying thing is, I think it's completely serious

kai

kai

Soldato
Ouch, all good now I assume?

Yeah, all good kinda of - some scary times!!! airways decided to close up - they think the cream may have contained penicillin which im allergic to, yet doctor pescribed.

Got a load of steriod to take next few days; no anaobolic in sight! :)

You don't need a face when you have abz :cool:

i like my face more :cool: ... just!

Associate
Finally after three weeks of dealing with powerhousefitness, I'm getting my squat stand, oly bar with plates and new bench delivered on Friday to set up at home. I'm a man of simple needs obviously. I've been doing strength training on and off for the past 18 months. 5X5, 3X5, RPT and now 5/3/1. Got tired of the gym atmosphere and having to wait for the power rack, so I made the decision (given the limited amount of equipment I actually need) to set up a home gym.

Can't wait to get back into a routine. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom