*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.

kai

kai

Soldato
preparation is key; i am so use to eating out tubberware at the moment even my evening meal when i am home now goes into tubberware!

my rucksack for work is just one big tubberware box clanging each step :)

p.s. Steedie i want a protein ******** pancake - craving!!!! everywhere i look people are eating the things - dam dairy ban lol

Soldato
Hi fellas,
I posted a few weeks ago regarding me really wanting to lose some weight and get some strength!

I recieved a lot of help and people recommended me different things eg 5x5 Stronglifts. I have spoke to friends and asked also in the Weight Loss Thread 2012 and i was told that isn't the way to go?

So basically, i am looking for some help with regards to a gym plan i can follow. I have my diet organised and i have started that already. I have also signed up for the gym but have yet to go because i dont want to go with no real plan as to what machines i will use and for how long or what weights to go for etc

tl;dr :p, Can someone on here recommend me a starting gym plan focused mainly on weight loss at the moment but of course i will want to be building some kind of strength at the same time.

Thanks guys as usual :)

Soldato
What sort of exercise could I do to work them? Are there any particular weight machine that'd do them - my gym has almost every machine coneceviable so I'm sure I can work it into my routine.

Reverse Flies, Face pulls.

Almost all gymgoers seriously undertrain their rear delts compared to their front delts. Even those people who do rows, usually do them with their elbows close to their body, which shifts the tension onto the lats.

Soldato
I seen that on MP's Facebook earlier, how did it work with the sweet potato?

Really good actually. You don't taste it, but it gives it plenty of body.

If you saw the myprotein.co.uk FB post then that's pretty much it to a T except i added some milled flax, used banoffee whey and added one whole egg.

Soldato
I recieved a lot of help and people recommended me different things eg 5x5 Stronglifts. I have spoke to friends and asked also in the Weight Loss Thread 2012 and i was told that isn't the way to go?

So what did they recommend? StrongLifts or Starting Strentgh are 2 of the most highly recommended beginners strenght routines out there. In fact I've been recently using SL and i've been lifting for years. You don't pick your weight routine to lose fat, you pick it to build/strengthen your muscles.

Losing fat will come from diet and cardio.

Associate
tl;dr :p, Can someone on here recommend me a starting gym plan focused mainly on weight loss at the moment but of course i will want to be building some kind of strength at the same time.

Thanks guys as usual :)

I'm of the opinion that you diet (not girly fad diet) for weight loss and train to build/retain muscle. Stronglifts or Starting Strength are both good if you're new to weight training. Throw in additional cardio if you like but I'm personally not a huge fan of cardio because it bores the hell out of me.

There are multiple ways to achieve what you want and everyone will have a different opinion. I imagine you've already had people telling you just to do cardio, cardio, cardio!

I don't think that really answers your question does it?!

Caporegime
Up to you then bizkid really, people have given advice so its your turn now :)

Stronglifts as said will build strength up hence the name, then as oddjob said eat well (a nice diet) and do cardio where you need to.

Soldato
So what did they recommend? StrongLifts or Starting Strentgh are 2 of the most highly recommended beginners strenght routines out there. In fact I've been recently using SL and i've been lifting for years. You don't pick your weight routine to lose fat, you pick it to build/strengthen your muscles.

Losing fat will come from diet and cardio.

I was recommended Strong Lifts but like i say i have had people say yes and people say no. The only way i will know is if i try really.

I have my diet sorted so just a matter of someone just if they can give me a plan to follow that will encorporate both cardio and SL.

I can then follow this down at the gym until i start to learn the machines etc more.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom