*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
DOH as long as possible but for working sets mixed is the way for me :)

Those saying the DOH their working sets are either:
-freaks of nature
-using hook grip
-or have comparitively weak muscles in their posterior chains which means their grip isn't their limiting factor yet.

I'll try for a max doh on Sunday :)

Caporegime
IF you require grip training, do it another time. Holding your back development/deadlift progress back because you're wanting to keep your grip up is silly. Do some rack pulls or curls if grip is that important to you, but I really think you should be sticking to Mixed Grip to really nail those heavy deadlifts.

:) I am nailing them.

Will do mixed grip soon anyway as it's getting heavy on the working sets, but again, thats more my grip going due to excess sweat.

Now I have chalk :p

Associate
Someone on another forum just did a full thickness tear of his bicep tendon using mixed grip. :eek:

I've seen some youtube vids of it happeing to other people; it doesn't look pleasant!

Having said that, I used mixed grip when I'm able to deadlift but I can't lift much so I'm not worried.

Man of Honour
DOH as long as possible but for working sets mixed is the way for me :)

Those saying the DOH their working sets are either:
-freaks of nature
-using hook grip
-or have comparitively weak muscles in their posterior chains which means their grip isn't their limiting factor yet.

I'll try for a max doh on Sunday :)

I use DOH for working sets. But I never do much more than 5 reps on deads (no point in doing more at working set weight). However as my grip starts to fail (and I can tell) I will switch to mixed grip.

Bicep muscle tears are so common on deadlift - that's why it's important to switch and nail your form so you're not compensating.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Ouch, you can see it go! Still if the arm is completely extended the bicep shouldn't be taking load, all forearm baby. I think his arm wasn't full extended at the start so his bicep took the load.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom