*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
I'm not really following, 100% intensity is going to differ from day one to day thirty naturally, as you are getting 'fitter' as it goes on...

You sprint as fast as you can for 30seconds, then cool down for a minutem rinse and repeat...Each time you do it your full-pelt should increase / become easier...However due to you becoming more 'fit' the sprint speed should increase a little

So with the hill sprints you go flat out for the 30m then have 90s rest (included in this time is getting back to the start) and then run another 30m flat out with the 90s rest again and repeat for however many sprints you've selected (probably about 20). To compensate for you getting fitter you increase the length of the sprints each time or each week e.g. for week 2 you run 35m as fast as you can and have 90s rest again, for week 3 you run 40m as fast as you can with 90s rest between each sprint.

There's other ways of doing it but that is one fairly simple way of arranging it.

Man of Honour
Yesterday's session:

Squats 3x2x160kg nice and deep

Bench 5x4x82.5kg boring!

Deads (with a 1" deficit!)
100x5
140x5
160x3
200 decent, not the best rep at 200kg I've done
2x1x215kg easy! Faster than 202.5kg last monday, but I can do better

Pullups
bwx10
+10kgx5
3x5x+25kg

1 leg DL 3x8

Pullthroughs 3x8xstack

Invrt. TRX row 3x12

Cable row 3x12

Man of Honour
Yeah I'm liking the look of it. I want to be a little bit tighter and faster off the floor, but considering the deficit I'm pretty pleased.

I spend about as long as you messing about before a deadlift on my squat :D

Soldato
Just attempted to explain to my fat housemate why i am eating pretty much the same thing every day instead of 'living a little', while avoiding just saying 'because i don't want to look like you'

So pointless.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Just attempted to explain to my fat housemate why i am eating pretty much the same thing every day instead of 'living a little', while avoiding just saying 'because i don't want to look like you'

So pointless.

Should have whipped out the guns and raised an eyebrow, then walked away. No words needed.

Man of Honour
Would the beginner basics or something like myself (total noob when it comes to this stuff), would be to sprint for 30secs, jog/walk for 90 and repeat? The better I get at it, the shorter my rests.

Abit like below:
http://www.intervaltraining.net/HiitTraining-30.html

Yeah it's a good start. Remember it's about very high intensity in short bursts.

I'm not really following, 100% intensity is going to differ from day one to day thirty naturally, as you are getting 'fitter' as it goes on...

You sprint as fast as you can for 30seconds, then cool down for a minutem rinse and repeat...Each time you do it your full-pelt should increase / become easier...However due to you becoming more 'fit' the sprint speed should increase a little

Oh dear monsieur! You won't get fitter that quickly. Besides, it's supposed to be HIGH INTENSITY. i.e. you have to put in at least 80% of your max effort in to get the benefits. It's not about the speed, it's about the amount of effort. By increasing the distance, you're effectively offsetting any fitness or speed increase. You've got to hit the correct cardiac zone for it to work. If you drop into the cardio zone you won't be using the right stores of energy.

Caporegime
Delvis: Neither of them really do anything for me, I'm very picky :). It was only a passing thought really :)

Fair enough, not really listened to my metal for a lonnnnnnnnnnnng time, only other thing I could siggest is the first few albums from metalica, that'd be a good collection really, ie kill 'em all / ride the lightning / master of puppets.

Would get me going anyway

Soldato
Fine some serious song suggestions from what I listen to:
Metallica - Fuel
DragonForce - Through the Fire and Flames
Black Stone Cherry - Drive (the 2nd verse has the COOLEST riff going... in fact, I'mma put it on now)
Black Stone Cherry - Lonely Train
Slipknot - Wait and Bleed
Slipknot - The Blister Exists
Disturbed - Prayer
Disturbed - Ten Thousand Fists
Disturbed - Remember
Stone Sour - Get Inside

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom