*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Think I figured out the diet, was quite simple really. Drop 1 scoop whey and replace with 1 scoop oats. Macros look good and I get the convenience of the meals I already have.

diet-2.png

Now just going to fine tune the timings.

Associate
Think I figured out the diet, was quite simple really. Drop 1 scoop whey and replace with 1 scoop oats. Macros look good and I get the convenience of the meals I already have.

diet-2.png

Now just going to fine tune the timings.

how you get by with little carbs? You cutting? Or very sensitive to them?

I'm at 500 carbs on training days!

Man of Honour
Yeah apologies for the confusion, that was pre stronglifts. I've only done two sessions of SL so far but still feel the same, up the weights slightly? or do I add an extra rep?
No, then you wouldn't be doing Stronglifts.

What are your goals? Do you understand the purpose of Stronglifts?

Associate
No, then you wouldn't be doing Stronglifts.

What are your goals? Do you understand the purpose of Stronglifts?

I am sticking to 5x5 and definitely feel muscle fatigue, I was simply asking whether or not DOMS was something I should go through after a good session, is it something you all experience? If not then that's fine, I was just concerned that i was potentially not doing something right.

Goal is currently to drop some fat and improve my strength. I'm using SL as a starting point into weightlifting and a guide on prefecting form/technique.

Hope I'm not annoying anyone with my comments :confused:

Man of Honour
Not being mean matey, just surprised that's all. You'd see a massive difference. I know you said you get bloated if you eat more carbs, but if you ate them from good sources you wouldn't suffer with that at all.

You'd look fuller, have more energy. For a guy that lifts like you do and has the sort of mass you do, I'd be on 400g carbs, about 200g protein absolute max, probably more 180-190, the rest fats.

And if you're cutting, maybe 350g carbs, 200g protein and rest fats

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Not being mean matey, just surprised that's all. You'd see a massive difference. I know you said you get bloated if you eat more carbs, but if you ate them from good sources you wouldn't suffer with that at all.

You'd look fuller, have more energy. For a guy that lifts like you do and has the sort of mass you do, I'd be on 400g carbs, about 200g protein absolute max, probably more 180-190, the rest fats.

Appreciate the feedback. What's the science behind more carbs less protein? I always like to know stuff rather than just dive right in, never learn anything that way.

Man of Honour
I am sticking to 5x5 and definitely feel muscle fatigue, I was simply asking whether or not DOMS was something I should go through after a good session, is it something you all experience? If not then that's fine, I was just concerned that i was potentially not doing something right.

Goal is currently to drop some fat and improve my strength. I'm using SL as a starting point into weightlifting and a guide on prefecting form/technique.

Hope I'm not annoying anyone with my comments :confused:
Not annoying at all mate! :)

I just wanted to make sure you were doing the right routine for your goals. You will find yourself getting far less DOMS with SL 5x5 than a bodybuilding routine. It's because you're doing far less volume (the total amount of reps) when you do a basic strength routine.

Are those the only reasons? My diet is very similar to LiE's and I don't have energy problems and I don't really care about looking fuller.

Man of Honour
Well, and there's many studies that suggest testosterone levels are lower in those that eat a diet with fewer carbs than protein, but I don't want to bring those into the argument as I'm sure there's contradicting studies and the whole broscience label

But also protein just shouldn't be that high really, you're just not utilising it all as much as you would energy from carbs. You might not feel like you're lacking on energy, but at the same time, I'm willing to bet you'd feel better for eating more carbs, you guys are ridiculously strong as it is, I guarantee you'd be stronger still with a decent and consistent supply of energy throughout the day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom