*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
On top of me trying to drop my sodoum levels ans raise potassium.

Today starts with me droppong most of the caffiene too, my body is going to hate me for a couple of days.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Deadlifts 105kg, form MUCH better due to the critique I've received over it here, and feeling strong. Didn't stall on the 3rd set like I did last week (I couldn't budge the bar, had to reset and try again haha), mixed grip, and working on getting that glute drive through. Will try and film it next week though, really feeling strong on these.

Especially when the lads deadlifting directly behind me didn't even return the bar to the floor on ANY reps :)

Would hamstring tightness affect glute drive?

Oh, 3x8 on the deadlifts btw.

Good to hear your nailing the deadlifts. Hamstring tightness won't affect your glute drive, my hamstrings are really tight!

Soldato
Sweating down the gym is a nightmare, doing DB rows on wednesday had sweat dripping off me nose onto the weight/floor, horrendous!

Soldato
Good to hear your nailing the deadlifts. Hamstring tightness won't affect your glute drive, my hamstrings are really tight!

Fair enough! Just wondering as I know my hams need a lot of work, can barely get down to my toes at the moment :)

... tense like theres an egg in between your butt.

Surely you wouldn't want to tense if you had an egg between your butt cheeks?! Still, whatever you're in to, man :p

Caporegime
You REALLY don't want to know what I'm in to.

Anyway, guys and gals: I've been off the gym this week due to a bad back and moving house (still moving house over the next week or so)

But basically, what should I do when I go back to the gym? Should I go back to my 3 days split following a 3x8 routine? Or should I try something else? Something strength orientated as I clearly lack in this area?

Ideas welcome

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I was explaining to MoNkeE that for ever 2 or 3 weeks I deadlift, I'll have a week off. And during that week I'll do more hamstring work on legs day, so there wouldn't be a chance of me being able to do them anyway :D

Like today, did legs Tuesday but still can barely bend over as my hams are so tight :D

Soldato
You REALLY don't want to know what I'm in to.

Anyway, guys and gals: I've been off the gym this week due to a bad back and moving house (still moving house over the next week or so)

But basically, what should I do when I go back to the gym? Should I go back to my 3 days split following a 3x8 routine? Or should I try something else? Something strength orientated as I clearly lack in this area?

Ideas welcome

Delvis,

you are great in giving out advice to others from taking stuff you have learnt over the last couple of years which is great of you.

But you never seem to follow your own advice and seem uncertain about yourself!

Not criticising, just an observation mate!

Man of Honour
Delvis,

you are great in giving out advice to others from taking stuff you have learnt over the last couple of years which is great of you.

Have to say I agree! Don't mean it in a nasty way either, but it's good that you repeat the advice given to you to others... but you need to start following your own advice! Lead by example! :o

<3

Caporegime
Delvis,

Heh, true :)

Just after some opinions I guess, I struggle with the gym (gains, strength etc) compared to others, so it's hard to know what to do.

Steedies diet that i'm trying to implement fully should help somewhat now, so hopefully things will come along.

Have to say I agree! Don't mean it in a nasty way either, but it's good that you repeat the advice given to you to others... but you need to start following your own advice! Lead by example! :o

<3

I doooooooo <3

As said, just wanted to know if people feel that I should go down the strength route for a bit or not? My issue is that I have limited equipment (ie no cable machines) so it's literally squat rack and a bench :o

Coupled with that, shoulder movements slow my training (ie bench / shoulder work) due to the issues I have with it, although I am working on those :)

Last edited:
Man of Honour
In all fairness to Delvis....

I think you're just impatient, and not being nasty, I think you see some progress pictures on here, and numbers being put about that people are lifting, and you want to almost be doing that right away. And I can sympathise with that as I was exactly the same when I started

But chopping and changing isn't the best way of getting there fast, but I think you realise that now :) Certainly from talking to you on Facebook you're a lot more sensible in terms of what you expect to achieve and what you intend to do to achieve that. And I'm also extremely impressed with how you're sticking to the diet now, you were a little funny at the start :p but now you've got used to the foods you're fine and I think now that you have a diet you can rely on, you'll see the results you want

This almost sounds like we're having an intervention for Delvis!

GROUP HUG

Associate
Failed again on OHP, one more time and time to deload it.

Squats - 115kg (damn these are getting hard to get back up, once down)
OHP - 65kg (5,3,5,4,4) Only managed to do 3 on 2nd set due to staggering back and messed up concentration.
Deadlift - 150kg(About time! :D). I think I need to rest plates on something due to only using standard barbell set and having to bend too far down; Looks like im in a squatting position.

Just interested but are you considering lowering to 3x5 anytime soon? I decided to swap over to Starting Strength (virtually the same), but even SL said to cut down to 3x5 when you feel you're not getting enough rest time.

Soldato
I'd go for a strength program Delvis, I think over a period of time it'll work wonders fro you. Just make sure you actually stick with it + your caloric intake

The advice I always tell people is just to keep it simple, eat like a horse, train like a god damn SPARTAN, and sleep like baby :p

Man of Honour
I'd advise against a strength program in the mean time, as I don't think he's particularly worried about strength, more mass right now

Definitely would recommend it once you've built a solid base though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom