*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Not usually one for writing up my workouts but felt quite good after today's! Maybe something to do with bumping into a mate I ain't seen for about 18 months and him asking if I was on gear! Lol. Made me smile.

Chest.
Flat db press
25x10
30x10
35x10
40x10
40xx8

Inc bb press
50x10
60x10 (x2)
70x 10

Chest press machine (oly plate loaded)
40(aside)x10 (x2)
45x10

Flat db flies
10x10
17.5x8 (too heavy)
15x10

Shoulders
Bent over rear delt cable flys - http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/DeltoidPosterior/CBRearLateralRaise.html
5x10
6.25x10
7.5x10
5x10

Wide grip bent over rear delt row - http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/DeltoidPosterior/BBRearDeltRow.html
15x10
20x10
25x10
30x10

High wider grip face pulls
4 sets 10 (not sure on weight - not labeled)

Side raises
7.5x10
10x10 (x3)

Seated overhead smith press
4 sets 10 (not sure on weight as it's a stupid counter weighted machine)

Db shrugs to finish
30x10 (x2)
40x10

Aaaand breath. Seems like loads but time flew by and I didnt feel super drained afterwards either! Unlike Wednesdays leg sesh, felt like I crashed half way through and had to push to the end then.

Last edited:

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Still not been to the gym this year.

Can't really be bothered at the moment, got quite a lot on - well that's a good enough excuse anyway. :o

Stop slacking, your body isn't going to improve with nothing to challenge it ;) You'll be kicking yourself in summer when you wish you'd had an extra few months of training to show off.

Soldato
Stop slacking, your body isn't going to improve with nothing to challenge it ;) You'll be kicking yourself in summer when you wish you'd had an extra few months of training to show off.

You're right. :o I was pleasantly surprised to see feel that I have some lat muscles the other day (my own, obviously :p) so if I keep going I might actually look less like a rake one day.

I could have gone today but I keep sleeping odd and messing my neck up. :mad: Monday it is then, hopefully.

Soldato
You're right. :o I was pleasantly surprised to see feel that I have some lat muscles the other day (my own, obviously :p) so if I keep going I might actually look less like a rake one day.

I could have gone today but I keep sleeping odd and messing my neck up. :mad: Monday it is then, hopefully.

Man up and get it done.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
I think you'll be able to hit the rear delts just as well after doing all the pressing :) I always do pressing first because it requires the most effort. Rear delts aren't that taxing comparatively, and my rear delts a nicely developed.

Sigma stop being lazy! Are you happy having an average Joe physique? if not get off your butt and get cracking. Set a diet and routine, put aside the time in your week and get fired up :)

Soldato
OK, OK, you got me - that is a great video.

Tomorrow I will do (providing my neck is better) the following at home:

Skipping
Bent over rows
Press ups
Overhead DB squat
Some chin ups
Standing shoulder press

It's a start!

Soldato
Gym workout update for this week. Been going at 7am before work and find it a lot better due to the gym being virtually empty.

59226202.jpg

Supplimented with the below diet:

6am
75g Porridge Oats
one scoop whey protein
one sliced banana
handful flaked almonds
1/2 grapefruit
Half bagel w/ peanut butter

Post Workout
2 scoops whey protein

10.30am