*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
While I don't doubt the guy has some decent strength, it's just majorly low BF...Not my pot of tea and not what I'm aiming for, there needs to be SOME fat, otherwise you just looks ridiculous.

My opinion obviously

Agreed. Of course i commend his dedication, must be an insane amount to get to that point. But it's beyond the point of being aesthetic, because that just isn't!

What BF% is that, 5/6% max? 10% would look great for him..IMO.

Big chest session tonight, see if I can increase on 118kgx7 this week!!

Soldato
Legs are recovering nicely from my workout on saturday.

Hit a 460KG leg press and 140KG on squat. (both easy too

Question How do people feel about working a body part more than once a week? For large aprts (say legs and back) and arms?

I am considering switching to doing something like:

day 1 Chest + shoulders
day 2 back + arms
day 3 OFF
Day 4 Legs
Day 5 Chest
day 6 OFF

OR

day 1 Chest + shoulders
day 2 off
day 3 back + arms
Day 4 off
Day 5 legs
day 6 OFF
day 7 Chest + shoulders
Day 8 off
day 9 back + arms
Day 10 OFF
Day 11 legs

Thoughts?

Soldato
Dark_Angel, there is no problem working a muscle group twice in one week, you could even try something like PHAT, heavy one day, and then hypertrophy another day.
I would recommend one day being dedicated to shoulders.

Soldato
Dark_Angel, there is no problem working a muscle group twice in one week, you could even try something like PHAT, heavy one day, and then hypertrophy another day.
I would recommend one day being dedicated to shoulders.

Various people say that it leads to over training which is a slight concern.

Also - somewhat off topic of that, adding in a little cardio now. Trying to hold back fat gains a little while bulking. Seems to be working as they're only slight.

kai

kai

Soldato
Satisfying!

Next goal, muscle ups!

not serious

Muscle ups are awsome strength builders, i seen some serious gains by doing these every single day - - wait for weighted muscle ups then the fun begins :cool:

Agreed. Of course i commend his dedication, must be an insane amount to get to that point. But it's beyond the point of being aesthetic, because that just isn't!

What BF% is that, 5/6% max? 10% would look great for him..IMO.

That is lower than 5/6% i would say that is either shopped or he is 2-3% max

Last edited:

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
pft, I pride myself on being able to get the weight up for any weight I can press. I noticed a lot of guys can't do this which I find strange. It's all about technique and sticking at it. I had to show a guy how to get the 46s up for a DB shoulder press the other day because he needed me to hand them to him at the top of the ROM.

Soldato
Just debating whether to include HIIT after my workout in the morning or use it some rest days. I did do it this morning after a workout and it felt ok (apart from the damned shin splits, but will get used to it). So, might just stick to end of workouts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom