*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Makes sense but the stubborn child in me would try and ensure that my legs tire before my core! Haha. However you're shifting big volume so if you're going to start failing you want to be sure you're not going to screw yourself over.

If I could get away without a belt at close to 1RM I would - but it's much safer with a belt :) I'm only 80kg and so 170kg on my back is pretty fun!

Last edited:

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
There's a guy who does 'deadlift' in my gym and with each rep shouts EASSSSYYY then smashes the weight into the floor for a good bounce on the next rep. It's seriously the most annoying thing ever, made even more so by his **** form.

Associate
That's a rather interesting video Steedie!

This probably gets asked ALL the time, but has anyone got a good video on deadlifting correctly?

I don't do it currently (dons flame suit) because my gym buddy isn't able to do it due to injury (poor excuse on my part I know). But I would like to start doing it on my own now on a day we don't train together.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
For DL form this is an excellent video, tis what I used.

I've found when doing a weight very close to your max form can lack in certain areas.

Take my 200kg DL for example, not bad, but not as amazing as it could be.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Associate
I seen someone deadlifting like that the other day =P Im no expert at all but I felt like telling him he was going to hurt himself, ended up saying nothing as he kept asking me how long I was going to be on the squat rack the other day and hanging about me while I was doing it :-/ Told him ''I'm just starting and have got 5 sets so ill be done when im done'' :)) he wasn't pleased but to hell with him. I had to wait 15min to get on it :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom