*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
My legs still hurt from saturday (god knows why i squatted on saturday :confused:) but it's gonna be fun. Just gonna try get up to 100kg for a few reps to get some of my strength back

Man of Honour
Just about to do my first day of PHAT. It's also probably only the 3rd time in a year that I won't do any lower body work :'(

Soldato
Squats: 60x8 80x7 100x5 100x3

used a belt for the last set of 100. core was still sore and a little weak from the weekend plus thats the most ive squatted in nearly a month. my face nearly exploded though, it was a scarily deep shade of purple

oh yeah and i made quite an awesome mistake. i took 2 plates off 1 side of the bar at the end, then watched as it gradually tipped up and slid off the rack, stood upright for a moment then toppled into the mirror and cracked it. oops.jpg. dunno why it happened this time and not the x number of other times ive unracked it all from one side first. wont be doing it again thats for sure.

Last edited:
Soldato
Not quite gym rats but.

Back to football tonight, first real taster of just how much ive lost over the festive period.
Looking for 60 minutes solid running, after a half hour warm up with my uni mate walking me through that. Then off to the gym tomorrow morning for an arms session.

Caporegime
Nice easy session for me tonight. Will be sticking with these exercises for 8 weeks before attempting a new squat PB in March. Aim of these specific exercises is to increase posterior chain strength and overall speed.

Squats
100x5
112.5x5
125x5
137.5x5
150x5

Deficit Speed Deadlifts

100x8x1

Zercher Squats
60x8
70x8
80x8

Romanian Deadlifts

60x8
70x8
80x8

Calve Raises
130x8
135x8
140x8

Really happy with squats tonight. New PB :D raw.
100kg x 8
130kg x 8
150kg x 3
172.5 x 1 PB

Felt pretty strong, think I can hit 180 soon.
Fantastic lifting LiE. Expecting big things from you this year! :)

Last edited:
Caporegime
oh yeah and i made quite an awesome mistake. i took 2 plates off 1 side of the bar at the end, then watched as it gradually tipped up and slid off the rack, stood upright for a moment then toppled into the mirror and cracked it. oops.jpg. dunno why it happened this time and not the x number of other times ive unracked it all from one side first. wont be doing it again thats for sure.

Heheee!

Not good man, I'm presuming it was due to the bar being slightely over further on one side than the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom