*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Sorry to butt in but, eh? Confused.
The position of the bar on the back doesn't lend itself to getting depth. You always need to keep the bar over your feet during the movement.

Take a look at this pic.

squat-variants.jpg

with the low bar squat you have much steeper back angle. If you imagine the person in the image going lower than they are the first thing that happens is the butt tucks under or your chest drops really low.

High bar and front squat are better for depth.

Associate
with the low bar squat you have much steeper back angle. If you imagine the person in the image going lower than they are the first thing that happens is the butt tucks under or your chest drops really low.

High bar and front squat are better for depth.

My main confusion was why you were assuming he does low bar squats as it wasn't mentioned in his post... but I assumed it must have been mentioned before!

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
I just assumed low bar squat because going below parallel with high bar/front squat you don't tend to get but tucking around parallel, it's a bit lower down near ATG area.

Soldato
He done it lifting a 25kg plate iirc, good reminder to always keep good form whenever you're handling weights not just when you're working out.

See this countless times also. People rounding them backs mucho style picking up a 20kg plate from the floor. It may look silly when you're re-racking plates with a neutral spine, but lets face it, it isn't worth the risk!!

Caporegime
See this countless times also. People rounding them backs mucho style picking up a 20kg plate from the floor. It may look silly when you're re-racking plates with a neutral spine, but lets face it, it isn't worth the risk!!

Indeed...I bet I look a right twang loading the bar sometimes...never mind!

Last edited:
Soldato
Chest and Triceps this morning.. '+' denotes non-olympic bar that I've no idea how much it weighs.

Bench Press:
25 x bar
12 x 20kg+
10 x 30kg+
6 x 40kg+
5 x 40kg+

Struggled with bench press again this morning.

DB Chest Press:
10 x 16kg
8 x 20kg (18's being used so manned up!)
4 x 20kg
4 x 20kg

Pleased with this, moved up from starting on 14kg's.

DB Incline Chest Press:
10 x 16kg
8 x 20kg
4 x 20kg
4 x 20kg

Skull Crushers:
20 x Bar
10 x 5kg+
10 x 10kg+
8 x 10kg+

Rope Pulldown:
10 x 10kg