*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Not sure Kai, but I don't think it matters too much, it will be different for each person. If you go over your calorie requirement too much then you'll be gaining quite a bit of fat. I'd start off just a little bit over calorie requirement and monitor things, if you see gains are slow then up it a bit more until you are happy with a steady growth rate. If you put on 10lbs in a month then you'll be pretty fat :p

A clean bulk is one that is controlled and steady, where as a dirty bulk you eat like a horse and gain a crap ton of fat and a little more muscle.

kai

kai

Soldato
well at the moment as you all know im going through this diet/photoshoot prep for May. Weight has always been pretty decent 70kg. Hardcore dieting prep for last 3 months has resulted in me sitting at 65kg and still another 7.5 weeks out.

ideally i would love to sit at 75kg but lean! to be honest at the moment i am just looking how long it would take me to return to my 70kg weight following the shoot.

Man of Honour
Kai........

please don't tell me you plan on eating 5,000 calories a day?!

Eating clean or eating crap will make no difference, if you're eating more calories than your body needs, you'll gain fat.

Only reason I give you guys "clean" diets, is because it's healthier and there's no reason to be eating junk to make up calories. The protein quality from the foods I tell you to eat, and the energy from carb sources I give you, are all so much better for you than processed crap. If I wanted to Kai, I could get you eating McDonalds for your photo shoot diet, if you were eating 2k calories of that a day, with your current regime, you'd still lose weight, as you'd still be in a calorie deficit.

There is absolutely no need to eat that high, for you, based on what you're losing weight on and how quickly, I'd not have you "bulking" on any higher than 3,500. Otherwise you're just going to put way too much fat on. You've got a fantastic base to start from mate once this shoot is over, don't go and ruin that by bulking on crazy calories

Soldato
No way in hell will you put on 10kg of LEAN mass in 2 months. I'm actually quite surprised you've even suggested that! :confused:

1lbs of lean mass per month I'd say, any more than that and you're going to be putting on a lot more fat.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
The key is not to try and rush it, you can't put on 10kg of lean mass quickly without gaining a load of fat. If you want to stay lean you're going to have to take the long and steady road.

kai

kai

Soldato
No way in hell will you put on 10kg of LEAN mass in 2 months. I'm actually quite surprised you've even suggested that! :confused:

1lbs of lean mass per month I'd say, any more than that and you're going to be putting on a lot more fat.

Mass is what i suggested :) no way in hell even with some juicy juicy is that possible... 1lb i would say is possible being lean but i was talking LARD :D

Last edited:
Soldato
Mass is what i suggested :) no way in hell even with some juicy juicy is that possible... 1lb i would say is possible being lean but i was talking LARD :D

Just seems absolutely ridiculous to throw all you've acheived away 'cause you've got some paranoia about being 'small'. Add it back on with 3000 - 3500 kcals and see how that takes you. If you're unhappy about 3 months of that then sure, go balls to the wall with it. But if you ramp it straight up to 5k, and run with that for too long, you're just going to look like you did a year or two ago; soft and undefined.

kai

kai

Soldato
Why the hell do you want to just get fat? It's not going to help you put on any more muscle than you would without gaining fat. Isn't this broscience 101?

completely agree :D

was just looking at putting back on the mass i had lost during this diet and quickly to get over this self conscious moment i am having of freaking out and looking like a skinny runt!

Man of Honour
What makes you think you've lost any mass?

You've told me you've not lost any strength, so mass loss will be minimal, to the point I doubt you'd really see it

Trouble is, everyone, including me, thinks they are bigger than they are. You only truly know how big you are when you get down to well below 10% body fat. And then when you still keep losing the weight, people assume it's mass, when really, they just had more fat than weight to lose than they thought they did

Stop worrying kai :)

Soldato
One good thing about no work today; Not having to get up at stupid 'o clock to do weights :D.

Squats - 80kg
OHP - 60kg
Deadlift - 120kg
Chin ups - BW + 5kg

So far so good on the squats, lower back isnt hurting at all afterwards :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom