*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
No nothing like that, just some intervals of burpees and maybe something else.

I may pick up a jump rope and do that for 15 minutes or something.

I want my workout to break down like this.
1. Weights
2. Conditioning
3. Mobility/Stretching

It's a good balance and something I think that can be maintained long term.

Last edited:
Soldato
Anabolic is where it's at ;)

So so modest, LiE :)

So bored in work, looking forward to destroying my pecs tonight. Am going to see how many times I can press 100kg for, it was 8 when switching back to barbell. Want atleast 15.

My body has gotten to a point where it certainly does need a week off, or at the very least a 50% deload for a week. Will go another month and give it the rest it so rightfully deserves.

Normally do so every 3 months, but I've targets I wanna meet so will stick an extra couple of weeks on there.

Last edited:

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
You just need the right lighting Tommy :)
I've posted a couple of pics in my log without the 'crazy' lighting, it's quite interesting to see the difference. I'm always aware of how different lighting can change a how you look.

Caporegime
Done two 2~ hour workouts yesterday. God knows why, I was bored and full of energy. One chest + pylometrics and one cardio, all over and mobility.

Slept for 12 hours!! Surprisingly not in too much agony today!

Soldato
If they can't handle you when you're bulkin they sure as hell don't deserve you when you're shredded xox *live*laugh*love*

Haha, a friend had this on facebook, it's brilliant!!!

Agreed LiE, I always avoid anabolic lighting purposely to give a more indicative feel as to how I look normally, but might grab some 'anabolic' shots with chest/front delt/tri pump on to make me feel better haha!

Otherwise, reccomended workouts for cutting?

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Haha, a friend had this on facebook, it's brilliant!!!

Agreed LiE, I always avoid anabolic lighting purposely to give a more indicative feel as to how I look normally, but might grab some 'anabolic' shots with chest/front delt/tri pump on to make me feel better haha!

Otherwise, reccomended workouts for cutting?

There is no special way of training when cutting, train the same way as you would when trying to put on size. Heavy weight and 8-12 reps.

Too many people assume when cutting, you should lower the weight and up the reps, sure you could do that, but you'll lose pretty much all the hard work and size you gained when "bulking"

You built your physique using a certain style of training, why change that when dieting?

Soldato
Leg DOMS/pain is still very much there, I think it's the standard 2nd day pain.

Shows how unfit I am. :o

Still gonna abuse the upper body later, if the legs aren't back to normal by tomorrow it's going to be a very interesting day.

Soldato
What routine are you doing again sigma? :)

Run around, trying not to get shot! :o:o:o

No real routine tbh!

Legs = squats, deads and the leg presses/raises if I get time.

Back = negative chins, and BB BORs sometimes back flies too

Chest/shoulders = DB press, pushups, forgot what it's called but wide chest presses? most people do them with bent elbows but i stretch arms out with a DB and then meet in middle

If needed I do a few rope pull downs and maybe some db curlz.

Usually all 3x8.

That's about it I think.

Last edited:
Soldato
There is no special way of training when cutting, train the same way as you would when trying to put on size. Heavy weight and 8-12 reps.

Too many people assume when cutting, you should lower the weight and up the reps, sure you could do that, but you'll lose pretty much all the hard work and size you gained when "bulking"

You built your physique using a certain style of training, why change that when dieting?

Ok cool. Am training at 3x8 and seeing some decent gains, will keep at a 8-10 rep range when cutting.

I ask because I've never done a cut by which I'm happy with the end result, that's a result of lack of motivation when cutting, diet going up in the air etc.

This time will be my time though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom