*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
BAH! Just typed out a reply and lost it!!! :(

That isn;t bad at all Monkee, considering the depth you are getting (bloody low actually) the bum tuck isn't half as bad.

I would say try get your knees back further behind your toes? Well, thats what others have said to me so not sure if it's comparable.

Also, is this high or low bar squat? Looks reasonably high to me...?

Caporegime
True, but if you are new to complexes (Or not a big bear like yourself who has been training for several years already) then you normally start with the bar, and work up.

Regardless, if the weight is 'too light' you can always change the rest periods between the complexes, or change how quickly you complete the complex.

The article I read from T-Nation says to use the highest weight for the weakest part of the complex. I.E Standing Military Press in the one I do. So 50kg on the bar, only been using 35ish.

Nicely put. It's good to be aware of that now not after you get injured :), but at the same time a lot of people, including me sometimes, don't push themselves enough because the are scared. Although that doesn't apply as much to complexes :).

A point of note for anyone interested medicine ball pushups are great for your shoulders. I can really feel all the tiny structures in my shoulders after yesterday.

Try putting a wobbly board underneath your feet at the same time. Prepare to fail on the last rep and try not to hit your face :p

Soldato
Just having a banana and coffee before bashing out some weights at home as I have no time for the gym today.

I'm thinking:

Pressups (3x8?)
DB shoulder press 3x8
BOR 3x8
DB Shrugs perhaps? Can't do neg chins, well, I can, but the chinup bar is only as wide as the door and it doesn't feel good enough.
DB deadlifts

Not sure what else to do, I only have DBs at my disposal. Tried doing clean and presses with DBs but not quite sure how best to do the transition bit without curling.

I've realised that perhaps the DOMS from the weekend weren't just doms as I have some nice bruises forming :o

Edit - I know, I'll do some mobility stuff!

Last edited:
Soldato
Also, is this high or low bar squat? Looks reasonably high to me...?

It'll be high bar, yes. Which is probably why LiE has suggested I lean too far forwards. Also watching myself again I notice it all goes pear shaped from the set up for the 2nd rep. First rep looks pretty decent to me, then as soon as I set up for the 2nd rep, I'm leaning far too forwards and really arching my lower back.

Caporegime
It'll be high bar, yes. Which is probably why LiE has suggested I lean too far forwards. Also watching myself again I notice it all goes pear shaped from the set up for the 2nd rep. First rep looks pretty decent to me, then as soon as I set up for the 2nd rep, I'm leaning far too forwards and really arching my lower back.

Why high bar? Or is it what you prefer? I'm wondering if it would work better for me to be honest. Never really tried it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom