*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Delvis he just needs to stop slacking and get down the gym ;)

True, but the only reason I'm in the gym now is because its free, otherwise i'd have my barbells and bench at home - Which just wouldn't work so i'd be doing push ups all day instead :p

So I know where he's coming from in that respect. But if you ARE going to train at home, atleast get a barbell as well :) Just for deads if anything...Regardless, what weight are you doing on deads Sigma?

Soldato
No point in buying an oly bar because I would have to purchase the appropriate weights too. It is something to consider in the future though, depending on where I end up living.

Only deadlifted 20kg today, still trying to get form correct so no point in lifting any serious weight yet. I think I was planning to do 40kg (BB) after my last gym session (during which I did 30kg fine with no soreness the next day).

I will try to get to the gym at some point this week though, probably on Friday.

Edit - having thought about it, I do have a BB, well I think I do. It's in the loft at home. I could avoid buying new weights by just placing the BB on top of something to lift it because the current plates (not even plates tbh) are not big enough to raise it very high off the floor.

Or I could just go to the gym....:)

Last edited:
Caporegime
5/3/1 bench day today. Was a lot easier on the body than squats was yesterday but I still failed my + set due to CV fitness. Could've pushed a few more out with a spotter but played it safe.

Bench Press 5/3/1
92.5 x 5
107.5 x 5
120 x 10

Bench Press 5x10
70 x 10
70 x 10
70 x 10
70 x 10
70 x 10

Inverted Rows
BW x 10
BW x 10
BW x 10
BW x 10
BW x 10

Time = 37 minutes

Need to decide what BW exercise I can do to accompany deadlifts now. GHRs with squats, rows with bench press and pullups with shoulder press. Wendler recommends hanging leg raises but I hate ab work.

Man of Honour
5/3/1 bench day today. Was a lot easier on the body than squats was yesterday but I still failed my + set due to CV fitness. Could've pushed a few more out with a spotter but played it safe.

Bench Press 5/3/1
92.5 x 5
107.5 x 5
120 x 10

Bench Press 5x10
70 x 10
70 x 10
70 x 10
70 x 10
70 x 10

Inverted Rows
BW x 10
BW x 10
BW x 10
BW x 10
BW x 10

Time = 37 minutes

Need to decide what BW exercise I can do to accompany deadlifts now. GHRs with squats, rows with bench press and pullups with shoulder press. Wendler recommends hanging leg raises but I hate ab work.
Beast bench!

I'd say you need some ab work. Try reverse crunches if you really don't like leg raises.

Caporegime
Beast bench!
Thanks. Think I'm going to try and target 10 reps for everything this week then look to beat that during the first week of my second wave.

I'd say you need some ab work. Try reverse crunches if you really don't like leg raises.
It's not that I don't like them, I hate all direct ab work, it's more to do with the problem I have/used to have holding up my body weight while doing them :o

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom