115x1
115x1

CGBP:
80x5 x4 sets

Weighted chins mid wide grip
25kgx5 x4 sets

Chest supported row

32kg x8 x4 sets

isometric kneeling pallof press (with band)
5x15s

Soldato
Gym tomorrow!

I'm thinking:

DB Chest press
DB Chest flies
Neg chins
BOR
Dead lifts
Rope pull downs

Possibly Chest Dips (are these appropriate? I read that they are good. If so, when should I do them, before chest press? Also, I'll only be able to do one or two I reckon because they are not assisted and I need to watch the wrist because it will be taking a bit of a beasting?)

Man of Honour
Pretty good benching for a man that doesn't like benching! How's it feeling?

Need to keep things balanced with a bit of push pull work for the upper body!!

IT's ok, shoulder is much better owing to the mobility work and stretching and RC work I've been doing. Singles seem fine as the form tends to be good - reps tend to start hurting as form starts to go.

Caporegime
Weighted hanging raises ;)

I fully agree :D Works my grip too which is an added bonus.

O and Icecold and the rest, a many big thanks my shoulder is feeling much better with some mob work. I do tend to get weird looks in the gym, but my OHP is in less pain and the weights are going back up again :D

Man of Honour
FF - did you get my e-mail? Could you remove all access apart from SA please?

I've flagged it up now to the Admins, is this a time limited removal you're requesting or a permanent thing? Either should be fine but it's helpful to know at the outset.

The gym was pretty much dead tonight, admittedly I got in later than normal but given on Monday it was jam-packed I have no idea what happened. Very nice though being able to get round everything as and when I wanted it - just about made up for being tired, hot and thirsty before I even started.

Soldato
I thought I had replied! :o evidently not. I'm not a mod anymore dude!

Doh! I wasn't aware. Sorry!

Just checked - it went to spam for some reason!

I've flagged it up now to the Admins, is this a time limited removal you're requesting or a permanent thing? Either should be fine but it's helpful to know at the outset.

The gym was pretty much dead tonight, admittedly I got in later than normal but given on Monday it was jam-packed I have no idea what happened. Very nice though being able to get round everything as and when I wanted it - just about made up for being tired, hot and thirsty before I even started.

Until June please!

I did e-mail another mod a week or so ago but had no response.

Dead gym sounds good, I love having it to myself.

Last edited:
Soldato
Had a pretty nice session today.

WG pull ups 3x5
Pull ups 2x5
Bench Press 72.5kg 5x5
Squat 137.5kg 3x5

Ended up working out at the same time as the only other guy in my gym I've seen doing a "decent" strength workout. Spent a good 20 minutes critiquing form, discussing high-bar v low-bar squat and spotting. Makes such a difference having a training partner.

Associate
back after a few months off, now doing a 5*5 for the last 6 weeks

w/o A
DB bench
weighted dips
DB flys
skullcrushers

w/o B
deads
weighted chins
chest supported rows
shrugs

w/o C
OHP
H2C2P
upright rows
squats

another 3 weeks on this then will move to a 3*8

Man of Honour
If there's another reason for me to love the gym, it's because at this time of the year, it's the only time I feel no symptoms from hayfever.

I'm suffering badly at the moment with it, but as always, when I start heavy exercise, my nose clears and I don't have a single symptom

**** HAYFEVER!! I want to love this time of year I really do, but it just makes me hate it with a passion :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom