*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
RC Work
Stretches
Mobility
and some physio too.

Or do you want specific exercises and stretches? Some are quite hard to describe!

Knowing delvis, he wants details ;):p

Did some hip and ankle mobility, feeling a lot better now due to it. Ended it with some hiit. Also noticed I dont get as severe shin splints as I used to now; Was the only thing holding me back.

Caporegime
Knowing delvis, he wants details ;):p

Did some hip and ankle mobility, feeling a lot better now due to it. Ended it with some hiit. Also noticed I dont get as severe shin splints as I used to now; Was the only thing holding me back.

I prefer to get specific details from people I know it's worked on :p Otherwise you go on youtube and look for RC exercises and it comes up with some guy doing hands stands or something.

J.T

J.T

Soldato
I have a stinking cold at the moment :(, I managed to go to the gym on Monday for Chest/Bi's as I had only just come down with it but Tuesday and yesterday I was to damn ill.

Question to you guys, when you are ill do you lay off the gym completely until better or still go and maybe do a bit less?

Man of Honour
I have a stinking cold at the moment :(, I managed to go to the gym on Monday for Chest/Bi's as I had only just come down with it but Tuesday and yesterday I was to damn ill.

Question to you guys, when you are ill do you lay off the gym completely until better or still go and maybe do a bit less?

I still go and go just as hard as I normally would. As I said earlier, hard exercise and going balls to the wall makes me feel so much better even if it's only temporarily, whether it be hay fever, a real bad cold or something else.

J.T

J.T

Soldato
I would normally try and do the same Steedie but I've been hit so hard this time my breathing has been affected and everything, it maybe be gaids!!! :(

Going to attempt a session tonight... legs! ;)

Man of Honour
I would normally try and do the same Steedie but I've been hit so hard this time my breathing has been affected and everything, it maybe be gaids!!! :(

Going to attempt a session tonight... legs! ;)

If you can, go in a sauna or steam room for a couple of minutes before, clear the airways

Caporegime
Get yourself some Kwan Loong oil and rub a bit on your chest before steam room/sauna. That'll clear your pipes out. :D

It's like a cross betwen Vapo-rub and tiger balm. Essentially it is menthol and eucalyptus.

It's also great when used post-work out to prevent DOMS

Soldato
So today is my first 'leg day' in 4 months!! My knee is heeling and have been doing lots of rehab and taking it easy. Cleared by the Dr this week, so I am going to begin building muscle up again.
I have a feeling DOMS are going to be the worst ever :( not to mention how weak my legs are.

Soldato
The DOMS from the first time I did squats in 18 months about 8 weeks ago was hilarious, I could barely walk for three days, bending at the knee was excrutiating!

Man of Honour
Until June please!

I did e-mail another mod a week or so ago but had no response.

Hopefully that's you locked out of everything apart from SA until June but if you need access back or it hasn't worked properly then feel free to drop me an email and I'll ask for it to be sorted.

//edit just found an email from you today, I'll ask about that.

SPW - how's the gym going? What routine are you up to at the moment? How's the back?

The gym's going fine at the moment, I've sticking with a slightly modified version of Stronglifts in that for each weight increment I'm giving it a week just to let my back build up safely and steadily. So far it seems to be working ok so I'll carry on with this until I feel I'm hitting a plateau again - I'm now down to about 75kg though :(. On the plus side that should make bodyweight squats and deadlifts a bit easier when I reach that stage in the programme again.

My gym sessions are probably going to get a bit messed up again in the next couple of months as it'll be exam time again in May but it'd be good to catch up again either before or after if you've got some time free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom