*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Thought you was taking it easy? :p

Hehe, compared to my old training that's super easy!

If I do anything that makes my back pull or feel strange I stop instantly though.
I atempted some dumbell benching, but even with 5kg, lying down and getting up hurt.

So chest press it was.

My biggest issue is how sleepy I feel in the steam room, I feel like I might nod off and that would be terrible I think.

Caporegime
Hehe, compared to my old training that's super easy!

If I do anything that makes my back pull or feel strange I stop instantly though.
I atempted some dumbell benching, but even with 5kg, lying down and getting up hurt.

So chest press it was.

My biggest issue is how sleepy I feel in the steam room, I feel like I might nod off and that would be terrible I think.

Fair game buddy :)

I had an appointment with a physio today about my back, turned up and the damn place was shut!!!! :( And no bugger told me...So I need to ring them up again tomorrow and re-book.

So, damn, annoying...I just want to get in to it all again.

Soldato
Fair game buddy :)

I had an appointment with a physio today about my back, turned up and the damn place was shut!!!! :( And no bugger told me...So I need to ring them up again tomorrow and re-book.

So, damn, annoying...I just want to get in to it all again.

Ah physio is hard to start but once you get going you feel better and stronger alright.

I'm curious as to how they'd book you on a day they're closed. That's rather unprofessional of them. I take it it's expensive for you as well?

Ugh... I hate sneezing. If I'm not sitting it hurts my lower back soooo much. It's never just one sneeze, it's always 3 or 4... Pure pain, specially in the mornings after waking up.

Caporegime
Ah physio is hard to start but once you get going you feel better and stronger alright.

I'm curious as to how they'd book you on a day they're closed. That's rather unprofessional of them. I take it it's expensive for you as well?

Ugh... I hate sneezing. If I'm not sitting it hurts my lower back soooo much. It's never just one sneeze, it's always 3 or 4... Pure pain, specially in the mornings after waking up.

Well..It's normally open, but they had a burst water pipe or something so the place flooded. They said they tried to phone everyone but a few people turned up :o I certainly had no phone call!!!

I'm hoping it's nothing serious, but sitting here right now has its issues :(

Not nice though man! Atleast I can sneeze comfortably

Soldato
Well..It's normally open, but they had a burst water pipe or something so the place flooded. They said they tried to phone everyone but a few people turned up :o I certainly had no phone call!!!

I'm hoping it's nothing serious, but sitting here right now has its issues :(

Not nice though man! Atleast I can sneeze comfortably

Hmm, they should have tried to call more than once anyway.

Hopefully you'll get there soon. It really help. I had to take physio into my own hands with just a list of exercises to do from the hospital.

The physio near me had an 8 week waiting list and is €100 a session :mad::confused:

I find walking helps, although I've gotten so lazy and I've so much reading and articles to write I just don't feel like walking around town most of the time.

Soldato
SL, Workout A:

30mins with mobility and stretching exercises.

Squats - 77.5kg
Bench - 90kg
Row - 72.5kg

Actually surprised how well my bench is coming along. Now to down some more BCAA :(

Caporegime
Hmm, they should have tried to call more than once anyway.

Hopefully you'll get there soon. It really help. I had to take physio into my own hands with just a list of exercises to do from the hospital.

The physio near me had an 8 week waiting list and is €100 a session :mad::confused:

I find walking helps, although I've gotten so lazy and I've so much reading and articles to write I just don't feel like walking around town most of the time.

I do have an NHS appointment coming up, but it takes so damn long sometimes...and this is just the phone appointment! I'm not actually seeing anyone yet!

So yeah, booked it directly with a local company (one recommended by a forum member) and the damn place was closed as I said :p Ah well..Should costs £35/£40

Soldato
Holy moly, switching to a higher rep workout really does take getting used to!

- Incline DB (last working set on 50's for 8, will hopefuly be at 12/10/8 within the next couple weeks as I started too light on the first 2 sets!)
- Bench BB
- Dips
- Cable flys
- Rope pulldown
- CGBP
- Cable kicks

Was pumped as a mother with the volume and felt like a complete champ, haha. Took 55 minutes.

Squats tonight! :D

Soldato
Bruised ribs under my left pec is hindering progress but battled on with shoulders this morning.

Machine Shoulder Press:
20 x 20kg
20 x 20kg
12 x 30kg
12 x 40kg
10 x 50kg

Seated DB Shoulder Press:
10 x 14kg
10 x 14kg
8 x 14kg
(very sore ribs :/ )

DB Lateral Raises:
10 x 6kg
10 x 6kg
10 x 8kg

DB Front Raises:
20 x 6kg
20 x 6kg
6 x 8kg
14 x 6kg

Barbell Front Raise:
12 x 17kg
12 x 17kg
10 x 22kg

Rotator Cuff Exercises and bully stretch.

Ribs still peeing me off :/ gonna be a while until that goes I think.

Caporegime
I've not refrigerated any of my meals for the last 3 years, no food poisoning

I've had chicken cooked and left out in the open for close to 12 hours, not a single tummy bug was had that day

Don't be such a moron :p

:p

Must say, can't remember the last time I had tummy issues from home cooked food...It's always take always or restaurants!

Soldato

I've had chicken cooked and left out in the open for close to 12 hours, not a single tummy bug was had that day

I don't doubt people do it. My housemates leave food out on the counter for 2-3 days and manage not to get ill. I just can't i feel **** if it's even out for a few hours. Weak stomach

Man of Honour
I'm going to highligh that part for the rest of you readers. This IIFYM stuff is a load of ****. If you want cleaner and quicker results, you need to hunker down on your diet and really get it sorted. If you want your targets to be achieved 1.5 times slower but would rather not sort out your meals then sure go for it. But it's definitely a trade off.

I know people like Freefaller work this way, and truth be told I'm sure FF more than likely accepts that if he really hammered it and kept strict it would only benefit him (it just doesn't suit his lifestyle). But he's been doing this for years and already has a lot of mass on him. You skinny oiks (and I include myself in that group) who've been doing this solidly for a year will truly benefit from sticking to the right road.

Indeed - it's just not of any use to me, and I have no interest in being uber lean/cut etc... I'm lean enough and am able to keep at my state by following my lifestyle accordingly. However,. I don't count calories or macros, I just eat well most of the time. I have a few lapses, but I bring myself back into line quickly. Either increase the gym, or just lock my diet down for a few weeks.

It's taken me literally years to build my mass that I have now. I even ballooned out to a ridiculous size, but it was just not sustainable, and my fitness was starting to take a hit.

So bear in mind that I was starting out at around 82-85kg - over 6 or so years have only really added about 8-10kg of lean mass. So that's around 2-3lbs a year - however, I didn't do it in such a linear way as you know, I spent the first few years just doing silly exercises, and didn't get into proper lifts until later in my lifting "career". My aim by the time I'm 35 is to hit a solid 93-95kg and increase my strength and drop the bf a bit - but unfortunately as we get older it gets harder - so will have to up the efforts. I so wish I had started this in my early 20s :(

Man of Honour

Indeed - I leave lots of stuff out or not wrapped up. I do try and wrap stuff up as it stops the fridge or the flat from smelling though. Then again I eat stuff that's fallen on the floor. I've never had a stomach ache really.

Soldato
Well, it would seem I'm finally on the mend following my shoulder injury a few weeks ago. Another week or so, and I should be back to 100%, and ready to slowly and steadily start building back up again. One thing I think I'm going to change about how I workout is to avoid fixed weights (save the lat pull down for both lats and tricep pull downs) altogether. I'm convinced that was one of the factors that caused my injury, in that not having to stabilize the weight before you lift allowed me to lift more than I really should, and resulted in me damaging my right shoulder performing a seated chest press.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom