*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Argh, awful workout today. First stall on Stronglifts (47.5 OHP, the very 5RM I started the progression with 8 weeks ago :mad:) and just lacked focus everywhere. Plus my car alarm kept going off in the car park for no reason whatsoever.

Time for easter eggs.

Associate
****ed off.

Sat in traffic for 20 mins and wasn't even 1/3 of the way to the gym so turned around. **** that.

Bank holiday ****s!

That's nothing. It normally take me about 10 mins to get to my gym, 15 max. About a month ago the had road works on all of the separate ways there so it took me almost an hour and a half to get there! It was a good sesh though :).

Soldato
^ Guys, if you saw me, you'd realise why I need to cut. I am not fat as in "belly" and stuff, just could lose at least 2 stone to get ripped (just read that and it makes no sense but come to i-series and we can chat haha). I am getting my strength back

@ Disco, will try that mate but I need to ensure my late meal doesn't contain lots or bad carbs. Meat and Veg - I agree, will start.

@ Sigma, I don't need to bulk mate, just tone. And make sure my strength comes back. I want to play American Football again next year and my burst power needs to rise

Just had a great chest workout. Started with cables to get that chest burn and then moved to the "I am showing off" dumbell press. Std moves for now, I know, don't mock!

Does anyone else find it difficult NOT to lift heavy when the group next to you is? I am so competitive but I need to remember it is all about sets of 12-14 for me at the moment :) Those 45s looks good though

Associate
Now I've finished doing Stronglifts I need to add a bit more variation. What do you guys think of this?

Session 1: Legs & Shoulders
Back Squats
Front Squats
Calve Raises
Military Press
BB Shrugs
Seated DB Shoulder Press

Session 2: Chest & Tris
Flat BB Bench
Incline BB Press
Flat Flyes
Skullcrushers
Close Grip Bench Press

Session 3: Back & Biceps
Bent Over BB Rows
Bent Over Two-Arm Long Bar Row
Deadlifts or Rack Pulls
Weighted Chins and Pullups
EZ Curls

Trying to avoid all the boring crappy isolation exercises and concentrate on lifts which allow me to lift heavier weights. Want to hold onto size and strength while cutting.

Soldato
Another day another SL5x5 out the way

Squat 92.5kg completed
Bench 65kg completed
Barbell row 65kg completed

Feeling a bit of an ache in the lower back, the heavier weight is slipping my form a little :(

Associate
Oh here we go... now I remember why I didn't post in a gym rats thread on a computer forum!:)

I also didn't mention the 3 x dominos pizzas that I have between 11am and 12

I was just pulling your leg ;). My cutting diet so far has consisted of a pizza hut stuffed crust pizza a week :), pretty good :p.

Soldato
That's nothing. It normally take me about 10 mins to get to my gym, 15 max. About a month ago the had road works on all of the separate ways there so it took me almost an hour and a half to get there! It was a good sesh though :).

I couldn't wait because I was already running late as it was. Also, I despise queuing! I ****ing hate it! There was no way I was going to wait an hour or more to go to the gym and then do the same on the way back, especially when I was going to do another 1.5hr journey straight afterwards.

^ Guys, if you saw me, you'd realise why I need to cut. I am not fat as in "belly" and stuff, just could lose at least 2 stone to get ripped (just read that and it makes no sense but come to i-series and we can chat haha). I am getting my strength back

@ Sigma, I don't need to bulk mate, just tone. And make sure my strength comes back. I want to play American Football again next year and my burst power needs to rise

I wasn't saying that you need to bulk, I was just pointing out that the comment you said in quotation marks was pretty odd, which it is, to be honest.

Oh here we go... now I remember why I didn't post in a gym rats thread on a computer forum!:)

Well you seem to have a lot of preconceptions and you're making some strange statements. People are trying to help you. The point Skill was trying to make is that there is no such thing as 'toning'.

Last edited:
Associate
Believe it or not coconut oil does not taste of coconut. It is very good for you and rich in MCT's. Try taking some before you go training, it will have you sweating buckets!

Also a very stable fat that will last years, I've got some that is 2 years beyond it's sell by date and it's still perfectly fine, no difference at all from my new tub. I've read somewhere that it just does not go off!

Mackerel is one of the best high calorie fatty meats, I make sure to eat it at least 2-3 times a week. Super high in EPA/DHA aswell :)

Unrefined coconut oil tastes of coconut and is solid at room temperature.
Refined coconut oil doesn't and is liquid at room temperature.

Soldato
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom