*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Unrefined coconut oil tastes of coconut and is solid at room temperature.
Refined coconut oil doesn't and is liquid at room temperature.
No it doesn't taste of coconut and it depends how warm the room is? Right now my unrefined organic virgin coconut oil is solid and does not taste of coconut in any way.

In the summer the oil is liquid as the room is obviously warmer.

Associate
Ok, really sick of my all-over-the-place training lately. I'm way past the half way point of my research project, and I'm running out of time to do a base mesocycle of Smolov. I tested my current 1RM last week and was pleased to get 160kg, especially considering how bad my training has been and how much weight I've lost recently due to poor diet.

So now taking training seriously again. Back on whey and creatine. Reintroducing 'candy' as one of the basic food groups. Going to run 3/4 weeks of Smolov using 160kg as 1RM. The numbers don't look toooo bad, nothing I haven't done before, just for multiple sets now! Hopefully this should get me back to my previous 1RM of 170kg raw, or 180kg in wraps (if I decide to even bother with wraps).

7056657559_aeec95b783.jpg

Pro-tip: Unflavoured whey in room temperature water is a good appetite suppressant.

Last edited:
Soldato
Leg work today:

BB Squats: 5x60kg, 5x70kg, 5x80kg, 5x80kg, 5x80kg
BB SLDL: 5x80kg, 50x90kg, 5x100kg, 5x100kg, 5x100kg
BB Calf raises: 5x90kg 5x100kg, 5x100kg mixed grip, 50x100kg mixed grip, 5x100kg mixed grip.
Leg Press Calf extensions: 5x125kg, 5x135kg, 5x135kg, 5x135kg, 5x135kg
DB Step-up Lunges: 2x12kgx5 each leg five times
DB Goblet Squats: 5x50kg for five sets

10kg up on the Squats from last session. I wonder when I will do 100kg :)

Goblet squats were hard today, especially the last set.

Not going to like the doms when they rear their ugly heads!

Kind regards,

David

Associate
No it doesn't taste of coconut and it depends how warm the room is? Right now my unrefined organic virgin coconut oil is solid and does not taste of coconut in any way.

In the summer the oil is liquid as the room is obviously warmer.

Ah, you're right actually about the taste. I've got a few different types. I've got a tub that doesn't really smell/taste of coconut but I also have some little bottle of coconut oil that really does smell of coconut. But I don't think the bottle is really meant for cooking with, maybe just a little for flavour or something. But yeah, the normal tubs you get for cooking with or whatever doesn't. Sorry, I haven't used that stuff for over a year and forgot. :p

But even the cooking tub is always solid even in the summer. Maybe my kitchen cupboard is cooler. I don't know what the melting point is meant to be.

Soldato
Oh here we go... now I remember why I didn't post in a gym rats thread on a computer forum!:)

I also didn't mention the 3 x dominos pizzas that I have between 11am and 12

Don't take things to heart, doms point is probably along the lines of there is no such thing as toning up. You either want to loose fat to show your muscles better or you want to put on more mass to develope the size of your muscles.

Some more info about yourself might help people provide better advice which is what this thread is great for.

Things like how much do you weigh, how tall are you, what's your BMR what's you routine like, etc

And specifically what are your goals? I am guess you want to loose fat/weight so you can show off the muscles better.

Soldato
Back session tonight and my deadlifts were feeling good so I went for a new RM just to see how my form would look going at my extreme, here goes 150kg

Associate
Pretty damn good there Syla5!

You loose your back a little and you still have the head fault but none the less that is very impressive for a 1RM.

Man of Honour
Strong! But in general I'd avoid heavy stuff until you've fixed your stability issue. Not terrible form for a 1rm max though, so I'd say the work you're doing is helping.

It's really obvious how much your suffering from a long back and short legs there though.

Decided to deload my squats this week as my ankle is dreadful. I warmed up today and it was hurting during the set which it's never done before. I've got no idea how bad the working set would have been or if it would have made my ankle worse, but I've awarded myself +5 smarts points for being cautious for once.

Instead, I've started my smolov jr bench journey :cool:

Man of Honour
Good luck on the back snaps!

My ankle flaring up is completely down to a weekend of walking up and down hills. It's irritating me, but hopefully a little rest will cure it.

Also, I've decided I need to get some 2x bodyweight dips (looking at you, LiE :D) and chins.

Soldato
Cheers for the complements guys, yeah I was not to unhappy with the form but saw the faults, it wasn't a planned test so I had already done my working sets for the night so was expecting a little bit of form slip.

It's really obvious how much your suffering from a long back and short legs there though.

Anything other then the work I am doing, or a full body transplant that I can do to help get past this?

Soldato
The ratio between these still seems off to me, better though. Either you're a stronger squatter than you think or your not doing your goblets properly.

Have you posted videos?

Cheers for your reply Icecold,

I haven't posted any videos on form unfortunately. I tried to do some recording with my mobile, but it didn't go too well. I think if I can find somewhere to 'prop' my mobile phone, I should get a decent video of my goblet squats for next time, to make sure I am doing them correctly.

Kind regards,

David

Caporegime
This is what I going to start doing from tomorrow.

Would anyone change anything?

Is it possible for me to included dead lifts? Would that be too much on back day?

3 day split

Monday

Chest

Dumbell Bench Press 4 x 10,10,10,10
Incline Bench Press 2 x 10

Triceps

Dips 3 x fail
Skull Crusher 3 x 10 Light weights – form

Abs
Plank
Air Bike

Wednesday

Back and Biceps

Wide Grip Pull Up 4 x 10
Seated Row 3 x 12
One Arm Dumbbell Row 3 x 10

Barbell Curl 3 x 10

Abs

Plank
Air Bike

Friday

Legs

Leg Press 4 x 10,10,10,10
Barbel Lunges 3 x 10
Hamstring curls 3x10
Calves 40

Shoulders

Military Press 4 x 8
Dumbell Lateral Raise 3 x 10

Abs
Plank
Air Bike

DEADLIFTS, SQUATS. No need for so much AB work too, IMO. To be fair I do AB work twice a week. Normally reverse crunch (weighted) , side plank and hanging (weighted :) ) leg raises.

You also want to add DB flies to your chest workout, my chest loves DB flies.

Soldato
How does this look guys?

Monday
Bench Press3x10 – 17.5kg
Dips3x10 – 20kg
Leg Press3x10 – 70kg
Weighted Calf Raises 3x10

Tuesday
Pull Ups3x10 – 40kg
Military Press3x10 – 10kg
Dumbbell Curls3x10 – 20kg
Hamstring Curls
Hanging Leg Raises3x10

Thursday
Bench Press3x10 – 17.5kg
Dips3x10 – 20kg
Leg Press3x10 – 70kg

Friday
Pull Ups3x10 – 40kg
Hamstring Curls
Hanging Leg Raises3x10

Soldato
I am listening, just why Im still in a state of flux, trying to find a more efficient way of doing things....

What about this?

Monday - Back and triceps

Deadlifts 3x10
Wide Grip Pull Up 3x10
Dips 3x10
Tricep pushdowns 3x10

Thursday - Chest and biceps

Benchpress 3x10
Incline Bench 3x10 (what else could I put here)?
Barbell Curls 3x10
Chin Ups 3x10 (I know they hit the back, but they hit the biceps too, leave or take out?)

Sunday - Shoulders and legs

Leg Press3x10 – 70kg
Hamstring Curls
Dumbell shoulder Press3x10 – 10kg
Upright Barbell Rows 3x10 (Lateral raises instead)?

Soldato
How does this look guys?

Monday
Bench Press3x10 – 17.5kg
Dips3x10 – 20kg
Leg Press3x10 – 70kg

Tuesday
Pull Ups3x10 – 40kg
Hamstring Curls
Hanging Leg Raises3x10

Thursday
Bench Press3x10 – 17.5kg
Dips3x10 – 20kg
Leg Press3x10 – 70kg

Friday
Pull Ups3x10 – 40kg
Hamstring Curls
Hanging Leg Raises3x10
wtf?? :confused:

This seriously looks like you used a random exercise generator :p.

And the next one, back + tri, chest + bi.... why?? Shoulders and legs on the same day?? If you are listening, the question is to who?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom