*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Sipping BCAA during the workout to get as much nutrients into the muscle is a must :)

Do you have anything I can read up on that supports this dude? Would be an interesting read!!

Can anyone suggest any particular food to act as a 'pick me up'? I'm in a vile mood and have been since yday morning, it's reflecting in work, and even my gf has mentioned it, argh!

Man of Honour
Do you have anything I can read up on that supports this dude? Would be an interesting read!!

Can anyone suggest any particular food to act as a 'pick me up'? I'm in a vile mood and have been since yday morning, it's reflecting in work, and even my gf has mentioned it, argh!

Go to Nandos tonight and pig out :)

Soldato
Love marmite! Need to get some again.

Marmite is the don!! I can't beleive how some people have such a disliking for it, it's brilliant.

Have been meaning to treat myself to marmite xo, anyone tried it? :D

Have chicken w/ pepper fajitas for lunch, hopefully will perk me up!

On topic:

Legs tonight, squats&oats!!!!!

Soldato
Marmite is the don!! I can't beleive how some people have such a disliking for it, it's brilliant.

Have been meaning to treat myself to marmite xo, anyone tried it? :D

Have chicken w/ pepper fajitas for lunch, hopefully will perk me up!

On topic:

Legs tonight, squats&oats!!!!!

Ah I'm so hungry right now, need some marmite and chicken now :(

Second physio session today...

Backs feels like it's falling apart.

I know the feeling, it does get much better though. :D

Soldato
back after a week of missing the gym due to work/illness

Man- it was hard.

5 x 5 reps @ 60kg squat
5 x 5 reps @ 40kg bench
5 x 5 reps @ 50kg bendover row.

Following the SL program spreadsheet but about a week behind due to missed sessions.

Last set of squats was a bit ropey, and last set of bendover rows the same but managed just!

Also down to 13st 9lbs now - which i'm very pleased with as I was 14st 4lbs, 7 weeks ago and started SL's to loose a bit of weight.

Caporegime
Was just about to ask how is the physio going...:p

Hah! Not good really...Didn't help the fact I was camping on the weekend so the backs not had much rest as it's a big tent we've got.

I know the feeling, it does get much better though. :D

Heh...Hope so buddy. Just feels like i'm going backwards to be honest :o

I swear my bed isn't helping...I'm waking up with a nice pain near the center of my back as of late as well!

Associate

I wish everyone would realise that you get the maximum effective dose of BCAAs from just over 2 scoops of basic whey protein, but that whey protein is drastically cheaper. Even in that article linked she says this, but everyone seems to just glance over that fact. Alan Aragon has covered the BCAA hype very thoroughly.

Having 3-5 scoops of whey a day and consume 1g of protein per lb of bodyweight, will provide an excess of BCAAs and is significantly cheaper. It has already been demonstrated that BCAAs only work up to a max dose, after which there is no benefit, just expensive ****. And this is coming from someone that tends to err on the side of slight excess.

Soldato
Heh...Hope so buddy. Just feels like i'm going backwards to be honest :o

I swear my bed isn't helping...I'm waking up with a nice pain near the center of my back as of late as well!

Hope you're only sleeping with a single pillow. Anymore and you end up sleeping with a bent spine, my doctor/surgeon was adament about only one pillow.

Caporegime
Hope you're only sleeping with a single pillow. Anymore and you end up sleeping with a bent spine, my doctor/surgeon was adament about only one pillow.

Two yes :o

Again, not been mentioned at all in the physio or anything. They're small pillows, however I will try one.

I do have a memory foam one, but this just made me get a crank in my neck a few months ago...

Soldato
Two yes :o

Again, not been mentioned at all in the physio or anything. They're small pillows, however I will try one.

I do have a memory foam one, but this just made me get a crank in my neck a few months ago...

Took me ages to get use to one pillow, although being stuck in hospital and them taking my pillows was an incentive. :D

Caporegime
Took me ages to get use to one pillow, although being stuck in hospital and them taking my pillows was an incentive. :D

Aye...I used to have awesome pillows...then I moved out and mother threw them away!!!! :mad:

Nevermind...May try the memory one at some point again

Is this sleeping on your side or (as I assume) on your back?

I tend to avoid sleeping on my side now, specifically my right side as thats my gammy shoulder...Naturally you turn in your sleep though :o

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom