• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintainance and upgrades.

*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
<3 u ice! :D

My sessiOns last up to 2hrs but that does include mobility work and warm ups.

A couple of vids for fun.

http://v.coachseye.com/HkoU

This is me pulling 100kg with a ridiculously thick rope.

http://v.coachseye.com/pOqr

Having a go at sumo deadlifts - not my style really but thought I'd have a play with them. It was my penultimate lift. I did go on to do 210+ but there was no one around to record it :(

Soldato
If your taking 2hrs to do a Stronglifts routine your doing it wrong. I fit mine in 40-50 mins before work, usually with 1 or 2 assistance exercises at the end aswell.

Either way, say it's 5 hours a week that's still a miniscule amount. I'd really recommend it, it only had a positive effect for me.

Well it can take me up to 20 mins to get to the gym so the time soon adds up.

We'll see how my revision goes, I think all my exams are in one week so I might be alright.

Just trying to plan ahead really. Suppose I should concentrate on getting this bloody dissertation done <- :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Soldato
Dom, just been watching your vid mate. I want to train at your ****ing gym. Looks like heaven on Earth, 'specially the tunes getting played. Getting that close to your old PB wouldn't have been possible without a bit Slipknot ;)

Soldato
Well it can take me up to 20 mins to get to the gym so the time soon adds up.

We'll see how my revision goes, I think all my exams are in one week so I might be alright.

Just trying to plan ahead really. Suppose I should concentrate on getting this bloody dissertation done <- :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Personally I'm the same and more concerned about exam performance than gym time.

Speaking of which got 2 sessions in last week and attempted some powercleans (got an 80kg powerclean 2 sessions ago and 75 kg hang clean)

Now that Ive got some technique going want 100kg powerclean end of year.

dod

dod

Soldato
Haven't been able to fit in the gym this last week but got back in today.

Chest day, followed advice I got earlier and got 2 sets of 8 out of the 30kg dumbells. Really feeling it at the moment. Total weight was about 5500kg :)

Soldato
Personally I'm the same and more concerned about exam performance than gym time.

Totally. If it only took an hour out of the day then it'd be fine, but it doesn't. Either way, I can make up lost gym time in the summer, I can't do the same with my education!

Speaking of which got 2 sessions in last week and attempted some powercleans (got an 80kg powerclean 2 sessions ago and 75 kg hang clean)

Now that Ive got some technique going want 100kg powerclean end of year.

100kg, nice! I certainly would like to try them, I tried some DB clean and presses before but couldn't work out how to flick the weights up without curling. Something to work on in the future :)

Last edited:
Associate
Yeah it is a bloody good gym really, sometime it gets a little annoying with the staff being odd about silly things, like being barefoot, and you do get some chodes but it's normally alright. The equipment is great though if a little old and battered :).

Sad times, the washing machine took a funny turn and instead of running at 30degrees it ran much higher and melted all of the glue on my vibes :(. I'm in the process of trying to stick them back together and it looks ok so far but I'm very sad :(.

Associate
Yeah, you tend to stick to a routine for around 2-3 months depending on the routine. For an absolute beginner you will want to change your program according to the individuals progress.

Associate
Smolov Day 2:

Squats:
60x5
60x3
85x4
100x2
110x1
120x7
120x7
120x7
120x7
120x7

Bench:
50x5
50x5
60x5
60x5
70x5
70x5
70x5
80x1

Today went much better than expected, and it was much easier than last session. I felt like I could've easily done this weight for 4 sets of 9 even, which is good considering I'm gonna have to do that next week. Now eating much more food, been piling in the creatine, might be working now.

Burger King had 1/2 priced Bacon Double Cheeseburgers... so I got 3. 1860 kcal and 123g of protein. I'm getting in 3500kcal without even really trying hard. I'm eating way beyond satiety, but it's not really a struggle like 5000+ kcal used to be. I might need to up calories further next week.

Soldato
OK so what is the expected time to stick with the routine?

Is it meant to be a quick few months blast?

As long as your continuing to see gains from the programme, then I'd stick to it for awhile. Start with a few months and see howmuch you've progressed..

Anyway, atleast start the programme first and then see how you feel down the line :p

Man of Honour
Burger King had 1/2 priced Bacon Double Cheeseburgers... so I got 3. 1860 kcal and 123g of protein. I'm getting in 3500kcal without even really trying hard. I'm eating way beyond satiety, but it's not really a struggle like 5000+ kcal used to be. I might need to up calories further next week.

Not sure if this paragraph is serious?

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Yesterday was a bad day for eating as I was out all day at Chessington World of Adventures. Shake for breakfast, ham/chesse/tomato panni for mid morning snack, xl bacon double cheeseburger from BK for lunch then half a large dominos for dinner. BOOM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom