• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintainance and upgrades.

*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Back is even better today.

Crosstrainer 10 mins

Chest press

80kg x10
100kg 10
130kg x10
130kg x10
130kg x10
120kg x10
120kg x10

Barbell Bicep curls

Wide Grip
15kg x10
15kg x10
15kg x10

Narrow grip

15kg x5
15kg x5
15kg x5

Farmers walk
12kg 12 lengths of the gym
4 rep 3 sets

Back extensions
BW
10 x5 sets

Situps
x20 Really difficult stuff

Hanging knee raises ( can't do leg raises yet, it hurts )
x10
x15
x10

Really happy I managed to do some back extentions. They don't hurt at all and actually made me feel great after wards.

The chest press ended up bruising my shoulder blades Haha. It's so weird, I never remember getting them before when benchpressing or doing dumbell chest presses.

Farmer's walk wrecked today, forearms and hands were shot near the end.

Soldato
Great work Nightmare :) It's great to see what can be achieved after a major back injury if you apply yourself to some rehabilitation and training....................... :p

Soldato
When you say back extensions what do you mean exactly?

These

I got recommended by the physio that I should try and start them, if not like that at least from the from floor at first if it hurt.

Strangely I felt no pain and it actually made my back feel much better.

Nice work Nightmare :)

Keep at it!

Great work Nightmare :) It's great to see what can be achieved after a major back injury if you apply yourself to some rehabilitation and training....................... :p

Thanks guys, although I'm awfully tempted to squat and deadlift now that they have a proper rack for it.

Baby steps though, need to slowly get my back sorted, and I'm surprised at how quickly it's been getting stronger since I got back to training.

Farmer's walking seems to give my lower back just enough weight to start strengthening it without hurting it.

Situps are still a pain, although I do them from the ground and not on one of those benches. I tried getting on one and instantly had to get off form the pain.

I can't do much leg work yet, no leg press or even leg extensions yet, so crosstrainer and farmer's walking it is.

Soldato
Well after 4 days of roast dinners, fried breakfasts and drinking, a 5 hour journey home I was convinced to get my arse to the gym (cheers LiE).

This week I had planned to check my rep maxes but had forgotten about our holiday lol well I had no idea what to do today so after a good chest session last week I went for it.

Bench press
40x5 60x5
80x3
90x1 (new pb)
100x1 :D

Not quite the depth of a perfect rep but I am happy all the same as my target 11 weeks ago was to hit 100kg bench before my birthday, well did it 30 days early on a day I wasn't really prepared for :)

Associate
These

I got recommended by the physio that I should try and start them, if not like that at least from the from floor at first if it hurt.

Strangely I felt no pain and it actually made my back feel much better.

Ah ok that's good. You see a lot of people hyper-extending and trashing their backs, I'm glad you aren't :). Also glad to see your recovery is going well.

Great stuff Syla5, now you have 30 days to get the other 3 inches ;):p!

Soldato
Ah ok that's good. You see a lot of people hyper-extending and trashing their backs, I'm glad you aren't :). Also glad to see your recovery is going well.

I see people in there everyday hyper extending on back extensions and "deadlifts" at least they call those bent back destroyers "deadlifts".

It's certainly something I won't be doing, if it's not comfortable to a certain degree I'm not doing it. It limits me a lot in what I can do, but that hasn't slowed my progress. It's probably just insured I don't get re-injured.

I would call it a hint rather then a dig mate, get in the gym and get on it nightmare style :p

I like it, I've my own style now haha :cool:

From Pocket Rocket, to Power Cripple haha :p:D

Soldato
Ok so looking at new routines to change to, PHAT haas been mentioned and has intrigued me can anyone recommend a could 4 day PHAT routine?

Also looking at HST, still reading.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom