• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintainance and upgrades.

*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
It is possible to do everything on one day, HST is a prime example of this. There are even some arguments for the idea that body part splits are only useful for bodybuilding.

What actually might trip you up is the single arm cable row with retraction, I felt that for days initially. You will fall over doing split squats too.

Good times :p

Man of Honour
I predict I won't be able to walk after day 3. I'll be doing cardio between these days, should I look at one rest day a week? I always feel like I can afford a cheeky half hour cardio!

You'll be fine, I'm doing legs twice a week at the moment (Quads and Hams on different days) as well as 30 minutes to an hour every day on the stepmill (pushing on each step) and if anything I've found it's helped with leg doms. This is all on a pre contest diet too, which should be affecting recovery, so on a normal diet, you'll be absolutely fine

Only thing that hurts all the time is my glutes :D

Soldato
Wow! :eek:

If I could lift like that at his bodyweight now I'd be happy... he's not far off my totals now at 20kg more than him! Let alone when I'm in my 80s!

That's my goal. Be one tough hard mother****ing grandfather. :cool:

He basically beats my old deadlift record. What a beast.

A friend of mine also posted this on my facebook a few days ago.

"She can lift more than you"

a79cb84e.jpg

Well, maybe she can at the moment :(

I've also started feeling constantly hungry lately. It's probably down due to my training, but it's so hard to try and stay to 3 good meals a day and not snack.

Just a had a big chicken and noodle stir fry that was only around 500 calories. A big plate, but man do I still feel hungry after it.

Man of Honour
:rolleyes:

Found it, Anthony Clark (RIP).
Yep, I thought it was him. Absolute beast.
No really, it's retardish, it's just another way to work your triceps going by what I've read :p
You deserve the rolleyes there mate, because you don't know what you're talking about.

I'm not saying you're general point is incorrect. But, again, a guy of your experience saying that what a guy did to set some pretty incredible records is "retardish" is a little mind blowing.

Soldato
Did my legs today:

BB Squats: 5x70kg, 5x80kg, 5x80kg, 5x80kg, 5x80kg
BB SLDL: 5x90kg, 5x100kg, 5x100kg, 5x100kg, 5x110kg (mixed grip)
BB Calf Raises: 5x90kg,5x110kg, 5x110kg, 5x110kg, (mixed grip) 5x110kg (mixed grip)
Leg Press Calf Extensions: 5x135kg, 5x145kg, 5x145kg, 5x145kg, 5x145kg
DB Step-up Lunges: 2x22kgx5 each leg 5 times for 5 sets.
DB Goblet Squats: 5x36kg, 5x42kg, 5x42kg, 5x42kg, 5x42kg

Although I didn't have a video, to show my form, my weight has dropped slightly on the Goblets whilst I got the form corrected - a drop of 14kg on the first set and 8kg on the remaining sets, but it felt a lot better.

Squats haven't made any progress this week, actually, I tell a lie; I started at 60kg last week, but I started at 70kg this week. Hopefully by the end of this month, I'll be able to do 90kg for 5 sets...

10kg added on all other leg exercises from last time :D

I'm not going to deny it, today was hard, especially after the BB calf raises!

Chest and triceps tomorrow :D

Kind regards,

David

Last edited:

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
I'm guessing it's designed to work on a specific area of the press when looking to push big numbers. The video looks like it's focusing on the bottom part of the press, and lots of tricep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom