• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintenance and upgrades.

*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
You deserve the rolleyes there mate, because you don't know what you're talking about.

I'm not saying you're general point is incorrect. But, again, a guy of your experience saying that what a guy did to set some pretty incredible records is "retardish" is a little mind blowing.

Listen, I was talking about the movement in general, not the God damn bloke in question.

I will bold the part of my post where this says this for clarification:

No really, it's retardish, it's just another way to work your triceps going by what I've read :p

Ah the expert speaks again. ;)

You can piddle off and all :p <3

Again, yes I'm new, but going by what I've read, there aren't many studies that say this exercise helps develop the chest better. By all means, link me to something that clarifies this, as I like to know what exercises actually help.

It's the whole damn point of the forum, to have discussions, rather than take the **** all the time.

Soldato
Actually you quoted me talking about Anthony Clark and stated "it's retardish". That's why you got the rolleyes response.

I wasn't talking about working the chest (which few of the big benchers concentrate on anyway), i was just talking about one of the best benchers of all time.

Man of Honour
I'm not taking the ****.

Like I said, average Joe Gym shouldn't do it.

Clark was doing it for better leverages, it allowed him to bench more. He didn't care about developing his chest more.

Soldato

FF theres some glutes you might appreciate in there ;)

I wonder how many people get injured when things go wrong?

Impressive stuff though :)

It's the whole damn point of the forum, to have discussions, rather than take the **** all the time.

You do seem to make quite a few statements dude so I wouldn't be surprised if people pick you up on it.

Man of Honour
Please elaborate, I normally say if I don't know if anything is concrete :)

With respect dude, you do post authoritatively as I already said, and then retract the statement by saying "well I don't really know do I?". You may have noticed I post less advice than I used to because I can accept that there are people like ice and dom who know as much if not more in some aspects of weightlifting etc... Though when I do debate I don't just make rash bold statements that I'm not sure about ;)

You're a great guy matey, just sometimes you post before you think! :D

To counter that, I will say it's great to see your enthusiasm, and you do help stimulate some interesting debates.

However, to knock you back down, get to the ****ing gym! :mad:

Associate
Smolov Day 4:

Squats:

60x5
90x4
110x2
125x1
135x3x10

Dumbbell Bench:
20x10
25x10
25x10
25x10
25x10
30x4

Cable Pushdowns:
50x12
60x10
70x10
70x10
70x10

Haven't done dumbbell benching in over a year. Why not.

Man of Honour
Yesterday I woke up with a bit of a sore back and it didn't improve throughout the day but I went along to badminton because I'd got some coaching booked for the first time and after the first 5 minutes I'd stopped noticing my back at all - now it's my right arm that's screwed. :D

Although joking apart it does seem to have helped significantly, it might just have been a bit of a coincidence but does anyone else find that a change of sport sometimes does wonders for you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom