• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintenance and upgrades.

*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Depth depth depth!

If you're struggling due to flexibility then fair enough, but if not you really need to be hitting depth on these lighter weights or it will be even harder when you get heavy.

I am on the boundary of tucking there, my flexibility really isn't good. I am working on my depth and flexibility during my lighter sets and 2 nights in the gym now as well as home stuff. If I continue to not have depth I already plan on a strategic Deload on squats.

Soldato
I am on the boundary of tucking there, my flexibility really isn't good. I am working on my depth and flexibility during my lighter sets and 2 nights in the gym now as well as home stuff. If I continue to not have depth I already plan on a strategic Deload on squats.

What kind of mobility/flexibilty are you doing? Im sure LiE has you bending all over the place :p

Associate
Long time bodybuilder here although I'm only 22 (almost 23). Have 8 years experience and weigh 235lbs at 5ft 9. Plans are to compete in both bodybuilding and powerlifting by the end of next year.

PB's are:
Bench: 195kg
Dead: 265kg
Squats: 240kg
Military Press: 130kg x 4

Only pic I can access at work is this crappy inverted one from another forum I'm on.

20pa91k.jpg

Cheers

Last edited:
Associate
Would like to add if anyone has any questions about diet & supplementation, training, steroid, peptide and other medicines I'd be happy to give advice.

Hopefully I'll have my forum back online soon if anyone wants to join :)

Soldato
My hiit is based on an 8 week program as follows

Week 1-2 ratio 1:4 (hiit to rest) (15sec/60sec) 13.5mins
Week 3-4 ratio 1:2 (30sec/60sec) 16mins
Week 5-6 ratio 1:2 (30sec/30sec) 16mins
Week 7-8 ratio 2:1 (30sec/15sec) 15.5mins

I'm going to be incorporating this into my weekly splits as follows:

Day 1
Shoulders & HIIT.

Day 2
Legs & HIIT;

Day 3
Chest, Triceps & HIIT;

Day 4
Back, Biceps & HIIT;

This leaves me three rest days, but along with the combined lifting & HIIT, should I be considering perhaps spending another day doing maybe 30 mins of CV work or will this be too much?

Kind regards,

David

Associate
What does he recommend for colds, I've had one for the last week and I just can't shift it :p.

Surprisingly I don't have DOMS today, but my pecs feel incredibly tight. Going to have to get on that if I want to bench again today and tomorrow :).

Caporegime
What does he recommend for colds, I've had one for the last week and I just can't shift it :p.

Surprisingly I don't have DOMS today, but my pecs feel incredibly tight. Going to have to get on that if I want to bench again today and tomorrow :).

Meh, just pop some Vit C tabs and get Max strength cold and flu stuff, normally clears up within a week for me unless it's a baaaaaaaaaad cold

Associate
It's not even that bad I'm just being a big girl :).

Just FYI, ab wheel roll outs with chains are the single best exercise in the world! :D

*May be an exaggeration, but it's a small one!

Soldato
What kind of mobility/flexibilty are you doing? Im sure LiE has you bending all over the place :p

mostly stuff that has been posted by ICE/DOM/LiE so pretty much subscribed to all the good stuff. I have been a little bit slacking over the last two weeks, i could make up excuses but honestly i was just being lazy and doing myself no favours:o

Soldato
I'm going to be incorporating this into my weekly splits as follows:

Day 1
Shoulders & HIIT.

Day 2
Legs & HIIT;

Day 3
Chest, Triceps & HIIT;

Day 4
Back, Biceps & HIIT;

This leaves me three rest days, but along with the combined lifting & HIIT, should I be considering perhaps spending another day doing maybe 30 mins of CV work or will this be too much?

Kind regards,

David

I dont have much knowledge when it comes to HiiT but i have heard that to much frequency is not helpful.

I have heard that a couple of days break between each hiit session is best. Due to my lifting i am only doing HiiT twice a week on top of 4 weekly workouts + 2 ab work outs so maybe you might want to drop 1 or 2 of your sessions and switch them to standard cardio instead?

Your muscles need time to fully recover there glycogen stores as the aim of hiit is to get rid of the muscle glycogen stores so the body recovers and burns fat reserves.

Again i am no expert so read up, or someone else with more knowledge please jump in here :)

Caporegime
Rite all

I'm getting back on it (lightly for the moment) so I'm after some advice regarding a rehab-routine so to speak.

I'm intending on doing my usual 3-Day split (possibly 4) which will be Legs/Chest/Back and putting shoulders more than likely on Leg day. Now what I'm probably going to be doing is avoiding squats and deadlifts and anything else that might aggravate my lower back too much due to the issues I've been having with it recently.

For Legs I'm probably set on doing Glute bridges and Bulgarian Split squats / Lunges. However for the Back I'm a bit lost, basically there is no cable machine, I can do single arm DB rows and possibly BOR's although I probably want to avoid these due to the lower back however I'll see how it goes.

I'm hoping Bench Press doesn't aggravate my back too much, as I found it did when I arched my back previously, so I'll see how things go.

Any more ideas / pointers? I'm intending to do this for a month or so, then hopefully re-introduce deadlifts at least, squats im not so sure on so I may have to change it up and go to Goblet squats or even front squats if I can tap out my arm mobility on those.

Ta all :)

EDIT: And there will be core work on my 'off' days more than likely, then i'll be doing some form of CV as well

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
mostly stuff that has been posted by ICE/DOM/LiE so pretty much subscribed to all the good stuff. I have been a little bit slacking over the last two weeks, i could make up excuses but honestly i was just being lazy and doing myself no favours:o

This is why you do it in the gym. You get it done and do it with the proper intensity ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom