• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintenance and upgrades.

*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
It's not even that bad I'm just being a big girl :).

Just FYI, ab wheel roll outs with chains are the single best exercise in the world! :D

*May be an exaggeration, but it's a small one!

I need to grab myself an ab wheel (Probably go for the one that was posted a few pages back). My equipment should be mostly complete in terms of mobility, core etc :D

Associate
I dunno Dom, dragon flags are pretty brutal.

That's true, although I'm definitely biased because I can't do dragon flags :mad:.

Last night is the first time, that I can remember, I've properly failed a core exercise, I don't think my attempts at flags count because they were probably lost before I started :).

Soldato
I dont have much knowledge when it comes to HiiT but i have heard that to much frequency is not helpful.

I have heard that a couple of days break between each hiit session is best. Due to my lifting i am only doing HiiT twice a week on top of 4 weekly workouts + 2 ab work outs so maybe you might want to drop 1 or 2 of your sessions and switch them to standard cardio instead?

Your muscles need time to fully recover there glycogen stores as the aim of hiit is to get rid of the muscle glycogen stores so the body recovers and burns fat reserves.

Again i am no expert so read up, or someone else with more knowledge please jump in here :)

Thanks for your e-mail Syla5;

That's an interesting point - I think I will stick to twice weekly - perhaps I should do Day 1 with HIIT, Day 3 with HIIT and Day 5 with CV(and core work, need to do core work!).

Kind regards,

David

Soldato
Benchpress
Incline Benchpress
Pec deck or Flys
Straight arm chest pullover

I did some back on Sunday but no deadlift, would I be ok doing another back session today? Or do shoulders today and have my rest day tomorrow and do back on Thursday...
Should not have messed up my routing on the weekend :/

Last edited:

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
I always start with either Flat Bench Press or Incline DB Press.
I then do some heavy chest dips, like a normal dip but leaning forward more to bring the chest in. You can then do some flyes and finish off with some close grip bench press to smash the triceps.

Soldato
What you guys think of this routine i got in Mens Health magazine, im bored of my current one and looking for a change, was thinking of hitting this tonight but with less reps for some and higher weights

Ive not done squats or deadlifts so that i would go easy on to start

2012-04-24080903.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Rite all

I'm getting back on it (lightly for the moment) so I'm after some advice regarding a rehab-routine so to speak.

I'm intending on doing my usual 3-Day split (possibly 4) which will be Legs/Chest/Back and putting shoulders more than likely on Leg day. Now what I'm probably going to be doing is avoiding squats and deadlifts and anything else that might aggravate my lower back too much due to the issues I've been having with it recently.

For Legs I'm probably set on doing Glute bridges and Bulgarian Split squats / Lunges. However for the Back I'm a bit lost, basically there is no cable machine, I can do single arm DB rows and possibly BOR's although I probably want to avoid these due to the lower back however I'll see how it goes.

I'm hoping Bench Press doesn't aggravate my back too much, as I found it did when I arched my back previously, so I'll see how things go.

Any more ideas / pointers? I'm intending to do this for a month or so, then hopefully re-introduce deadlifts at least, squats im not so sure on so I may have to change it up and go to Goblet squats or even front squats if I can tap out my arm mobility on those.

Ta all :)

EDIT: And there will be core work on my 'off' days more than likely, then i'll be doing some form of CV as well

I thought you already had a set plan? When you planning on hitting it, in the evening?

Associate
What you guys think of this routine i got in Mens Health magazine, im bored of my current one and looking for a change, was thinking of hitting this tonight but with less reps for some and higher weights

Ive not done squats or deadlifts so that i would go easy on to start

http://i631.photobucket.com/albums/uu36/ambrose11/2012-04-24080903.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Negatron.

Mens Health = balls :).

Soldato
I know what you mean about Mens Health but i like their other sections, good nutritional tips etc.

My current routine is:

Dumbbell shoulder press, 12, 10, 8 reps going up in weight each time
Dumbbell curl 12, 10, 8 again
Triceps push ups x 12

Squat bicep curls with the 12, 10, 8 reps again
I dont know what its called but, i get 2 x 5kg disk, and hold them, and lift them from my sides till they are over my head in a circular motion lol 12, 10, 8 again
Tricep dips x 25

Fly machine 12,10 8 reps increasing weights
Triceps push ups lifting each arm at the top 3 x 12

Dumbbell bench press 12, 10, 8 reps increasing weight
Bent over row, 12, 10, 8 reps increasing weight

Takes about 45 mins to do

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom