*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
Holy cow beta alanine face tingles are bloody uncomfortable haha. Absolutely HUGE pump though so i can deal with it <3

Inc db press 25kg 8,8,6
bench press 60kg 8,7,7
cable flys 10kg 8,8,7
dips bw 8,6,5 (arms were dead)

then some tricep stuff

horrible order to do the session in but people were using my equipment :p weak as hell after the holidays that 60kg bench felt more like 80+

But BA has no effect on pumps :p

Soldato
Well i felt i could push out a couple of reps more on the isolation stuff than normal which will have helped give a better pump. Whether that was the BA, caffeine or just luck who knows. But it's hardly expensive stuff so i'll stick with it :p

Soldato
i think you're a bit too early on in proceedings to be worrying about fine-detail nutrition. eating cleanly and healthily should be enough for anyone who isnt a pretty advanced lifter

seriously, getting an injury sorted properly should take priority.

Dropping his whey supplement will mean spending even more on an alternative protein source which will give him even less money in the long run!

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Yep I'm aware of this chap, he's awesome.

Currently injured and not lifting anything near that.

How did he injure himself?
Puts things in perspective really when you see his lifts. I think powerlifting is a different way of life to how I train.

Last edited:
Caporegime
What you got planned?

Legs for me in the morning.

Deadlifts, Bent Over Rows then single arm rows. Then did a few pull-ups when I got home as there is no pull-up bar at the gym

Dropping his whey supplement will mean spending even more on an alternative protein source which will give him even less money in the long run!

Indeed. Crap to be me

i think you're a bit too early on in proceedings to be worrying about fine-detail nutrition. eating cleanly and healthily should be enough for anyone who isnt a pretty advanced lifter

seriously, getting an injury sorted properly should take priority.

I've been 'lifting' for just under 2 / 3 years believe it or not, but every time i start something gets in the way, hence the sod all progress.

I would love to just eat cleanly, but I need a fair wack of food to gain a decent amount of weight, no idea why, and i quite literally cant afford the food..

I'm hoping icecold will talk to me a lil bit on the weekend ;)

Associate
Do all of you guys take supplements?

If so, do you do so because you can't get what you need from proper food or because it's easier getting your protein from supps?

I've never even considered them and i don't feel i've been held back without them so far (90Kg leanish 6"1)

Caporegime
I doubt I spend any more on food than you do at the moment. I have to take 6 scoops of protein a day to keep costs low, and 4 of those are pea protein which is half the price of whey!

Being hard up is hella annoying when you're in this game.

Aye, if I didn't take the shakes I'd be screwed. Even more so

I also meant that in a physicaly sense, my body just sucks really, had all sorts of problems

Caporegime

If so, do you do so because you can't get what you need from proper food or because it's easier getting your protein from supps?

I've never even considered them and i don't feel i've been held back without them so far (90Kg leanish 6"1)

Well i've taken whey all the time, and nothing much has changed, but that could have been due to diet previously.

I also take them as its easier for me to get the calories this way

Soldato

Because i cant be arsed to eat an extra 300+ calories worth of food and its cheap

Soldato

If money/time was no issue then no doubt all of my calorific, macronutrient, vitamin and mineral requirements would be sourced solely from meat, fruit and veg.

Unfortunately for now I have to put up with disgusting protein shakes and make do! If powdered protein didn't exist I'd have made about half the gains I have today I reckon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom